AfricaIgnite, the Home of African Founders
Bursting with exciting opportunities to support Africa's booming tech start-up ecosystem!
We've kept it under wraps... but we're thrilled to announce that the AHUB, our start-up platform, is getting a little makeover in 2023 to become:
Africa's tech start-up space is bursting with innovation and opportunities. So we've given our platform a new facelift to deliver more knowledge-exchange, more opportunities, and more start-up/investor interactions.
By bringing the entire tech ecosystem under one roof, we want to spark new connections, act as a catalyst for inspiration and ignite digital transformation by helping the continent's pioneering start-ups take off.
Features you can look forward to!
AfricaIgnite Main Stage
How Africa's next wave of entrepreneurs are using tech to solve the continent's biggest challenges.
Founders Academy Stage
Dedicated to the practical topics critical to building and scaling an African start-up.
Explore the stories and brands behind innovative founders at our marketplace of start-up pods from across geo, sector and industry!
Live Pitch Showcase
Early stage start-ups pitching and showcasing their business as part of Africa's largest tech festival!
Founders and Investors Day
An exclusive programme for founders and investors only to maximise networking and learning opportunities.
An exclusive space for entrepreneurs and investors to convene, build relationships and engage in powerful discussions.
ARE YOU A START-UP OR TECH ENTREPRENEUR?
AfricaIgnite will enable you to share ideas, collaborate and connect with the most active and sophisticated VCs, funds and angel investors.
- Understand how the investor community thinks, and what they want to see from start-ups
- Amplify your value proposition with media engagement tips and tricks designed for African start-ups
- Hear from female entrepreneurs who have launched and scaled up their tech start-ups in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Profile your start-up during an exclusive pitch showcase
- Create a launch pad for success. Explore the key elements of a winning team to grow your start-up
- Find out why tech start-ups should partner with mobile network operators in Africa
- Learn more about the start-up ecosystem in Africa, and where the risks and opportunities lie.
ARE YOU AN INVESTOR OR VC?
We are inviting all investors, funds, VCs and private equity partners to attend AfricaIgnite. You'll meet business-ready start-ups and explore the breakthrough innovations in Africa's tech ecosystem.
- Listen to live pitches from the most exciting start-ups on the continent
- Showcase your company's innovation and entrepreneurship credentials
- Attend our 'sector snapshot' sessions, and find out more about the latest innovations in fintech, blockchain, AI and more
- Capitalise on Africa's rapidly expanding tech markets. Find start-ups and SMEs to mentor, invest in or acquire
- Visit country pavilions and meet their newest tech innovators
- Think outside the box: Find out how to spot new opportunities in an age of digital disruption.
Elevating Founders Africa Pitch Showcase
Elevating Founders Africa is a free to apply pitch-off showcase part of the AfricaIgnite and organised in partnership with Elevating Founders.
Join us to hear from the most innovative and pioneering start-ups from across the African continent!
Interested in taking part? Applications will open close to the event and founders will have the chance to demo early-stage business products and solutions in front of thousands of attendees!
- A live pitch-off in front of influential industry leaders and investors.
- A free exhibition pod at Africa Tech Festival
- A 1-2-1 personalised feedback and mentoring from our expert judges.
- Access to Africa Tech Festival's premium content and legendary party, the AFEST
- Fantastic PR and Marketing opportunities