THE AHUB: PART OF AFRICA TECH FESTIVAL
Scale start-ups to make economic impact: Entrepreneurship as an engine for growth
WHAT IS THE AHUB?
The AHUB programme is designed to highlight the critical role of entrepreneurship in fueling Africa’s digital economy whilst connecting African tech start-ups and scale-ups to investors and corporate partners.
With a mixture of leading conference content, plus start-up pitches, we will be uncovering the latest innovations driving the continent's 4IR. This year's topics include...
Supporting Startups to Foster Innovation
The Legitimisation of African Fintech as a Global Asset Class
Conversation with a Unicorn
Talent Spotting: Bridging Knowledge Gaps and Addressing the Complexities of Team Management
Innovating for Sustainability and Circular Economies in Africa
Empowering Women Through Socially Impactful Entrepreneurialism
The Future of Startup Funding: What Works? What's Next?
Elevating Founders Pitch Showcase
Unpacking Two Years of Explosive Investment Growth
ARE YOU A START-UP OR TECH ENTREPRENEUR?
The AHUB will enable you to share ideas, collaborate and connect with the most active and sophisticated VCs, funds and angel investors.
- Understand how the investor community thinks, and what they want to see from start-ups
- Amplify your value proposition with media engagement tips and tricks designed for African start-ups
- Hear from female entrepreneurs who have launched and scaled up their tech start-ups in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Profile your start-up during an exclusive pitch showcase
- Create a launch pad for success. Explore the key elements of a winning team to grow your start-up
- Find out why tech start-ups should partner with mobile network operators in Africa
- Learn more about the start-up ecosystem in Africa, and where the risks and opportunities lie.
ARE YOU AN INVESTOR OR VC?
We are inviting all investors, funds, VCs and private equity partners to attend the AHUB. You'll meet business-ready start-ups and explore the breakthrough innovations in Africa's tech ecosystem.
- Listen to live pitches from the most exciting start-ups on the continent
- Showcase your company's innovation and entrepreneurship credentials
- Attend our 'sector snapshot' sessions, and find out more about the latest innovations in fintech, blockchain, AI and more
- Capitalise on Africa's rapidly expanding tech markets. Find start-ups and SMEs to mentor, invest in or acquire
- Visit country pavilions and meet their newest tech innovators
- Think outside the box: Find out how to spot new opportunities in an age of digital disruption.
Elevating Founders Africa Pitch Showcase
Elevating Founders Africa is a free to apply pitch-off showcase part of the AHUB and organised in partnership with Elevating Founders.
Join us to hear from the most innovative and pioneering start-ups from across the African continent!
Interested in taking part? Applications will open close to the event and founders will have the chance to demo early-stage business products and solutions in front of thousands of attendees!
- A live pitch-off in front of influential industry leaders and investors.
- A free exhibition pod at Africa Tech Festival
- A 1-2-1 personalised feedback and mentoring from our expert judges.
- Access to Africa Tech Festival's premium content and legendary party, the AFEST
- Fantastic PR and Marketing opportunities