Welcome to Africa Tech Festival
Exhibition Manual - Start-up Pods
Here you will find the relevant information and forms to complete for the event. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Success as per the welcome email. Please ensure you read each section carefully and meet the required deadlines. We look forward to working with you in making this a successful event!
YOUR START-UP POD
If you have purchased a start-up pod you are required to complete the below 4 steps:
1. Check what is included in your stand: INCLUSIONS - Start-up Pod
2. You will be provided with a name board which will be printed with your company name only in CAPITAL LETTERS.
Make sure you confirm your "Preferred Exhibitor name" as instructed in the Exhibitor Portal by Friday 6 October 2023.
3. Complete this HEALTH AND SAFETY FORM by Friday 29 September 2023.
4. You must submit your own print-ready design for the graphic panel:
- Panel size is 841 (w) x 1189mm (h)
- Artwork must be sent as a print-ready pdf, at full size given, at 150dpi, with a 10mm bleed all around.
- Please email artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 25 October 2023. (Artwork submitted late may be subject to a 10% surcharge.)
NB. DON'T FORGET YOUR ADAPTORS. INFORMA TECH WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE THESE ONSITE.
Please see below further information you may need regarding your presence at Africa Tech Festival.
ACCESS DURING SET-UP & BREAKDOWN
CTICC requires every person entering the site during set-up or breakdown to complete a Health & Safety induction before being allowed onsite. Therefore, as there is no setting up for you to do, you will not be granted access until 8am Tuesday morning. Please do not come earlier!
You will have access to the hall from 8am Tuesday which will give you 2 hours to find your allocated pod and get settled in before the exhibition opens.
We kindly ask that you vacate your pod promptly when the show closes at 4.30pm on Thursday to enable us to begin breakdown as quickly as possible.
Please do not send any packages direct to the venue by post or courier, as the venue do not accept direct shipping.
Informa Tech cannot be held responsible for the shipping of any equipment nor are they responsible for the collection and receipt of any deliveries.
- Floor space is limited in the start-up areas, therefore bringing additional branding such as pop-up banners is not permitted.
- There is no storage space or lockable cupboard, so if you are planning on bringing giveaways to hand to your visitors then they should be small items that can be kept on your countertop. There is no space for boxes.
Floor space is limited in the start-up areas, therefore ordering additional furniture, audio visual equipment or catering etc is not permitted.
Please do not order anything additional from our show contractor or the venue as you will not be permitted to have it on your pod and you may still be charged.
As per the CTICC Client Manual, private wireless routers, access points or broadcasts, i.e. any IEEE 802.11 wireless broadcasts, are not permitted within the CTICC. Private wireless networks are often unstable and do not function as intended during events. This is due to the myriad competing and overlapping wireless networks operating in close proximity to each other. The more wireless networks in operation, the more interference is generated resulting in a less stable wireless connection for all parties. In many cases, internet connectivity will not be possible at all via a wireless connection. It is for this reason that CTICC reserves the right to cease any Non-CTICC wireless networks in order to mitigate wireless interference in the venue.
In order to go some way to mitigate wireless interference, devices used to connect to CTICC’s wireless services must be 5GHz frequency band compatible. While 5GHz compatibility will not guarantee wireless access, it will improve the chances of achieving connectivity.
Please note that the CTICC always advise that event critical services, e.g. those for demonstrations or presentations use, are provided as a dedicated, hard wired connection. This will ensure that there is no interruption to internet connectivity, as would be the risk with a wireless internet service.