Welcome to AfricaCom
Here you will find the relevant information for your session(s) at AfricaCom. Please ensure you read each section carefully and meet the required deadlines. If you have any questions, please contact Althea Haler or Liz Burns. We look forward to working with you in making this a successful event!
SPEAKER LIAISON/ YOUR POINT OF CONTACT
Welcome to AfricaCom 2019!
To ensure that this event runs smoothly, all speakers will be designated a point of contact.
Althea Haler: Althea.Haler2@informa.com
Liz de Bruijn-Willis: Liz.deBruijn-Willis@informa.com
For a quick response please only contact your designated speaker contact if you have any questions.
- Confirm that you have received your speaker information email
- Your speaker's direct email address so that they can be registered for the Event App
- Short biography (around 100-words and not CV) - for inclusion on the website and so that the Chair can introduce you correctly
- Headshot colour photo: Digital format saved as a JPEG, PNG or GIF file
- Speaker’s mobile number (so I can reach you on site in case of an emergency)
- Twitter handle (so we can promote your presence)
- Dietary Requirements (please specify)
- Special Assistance: Please inform me if you require any specific assistance at the venue
- Some of the sessions at AfricaCom may be filmed. If you do not wish to be filmed please advise by 27th September 2019
VENUE & ACCOMMODATION
Address : Convention Square, 1 Lower Long Street, Cape Town 8001, South Africa
Tuesday 12th Nov – 8:00am - 6:00pm
Wednesday 13th Nov –8:00am - 6:00pm
Thursday 14th Nov - 8:00am - 4:30pm
Tuesday 12th Nov – 10:00am - 6:00pm
Wednesday 13th Nov – 10:00am - 6:00pm
Thursday 14th Nov - 10:00am - 4:30pm
Event – Conference - Please see the website for the latest agenda timings. Please note that these may change and a final programme will be sent out the week before the event.
YOUR ROLE - PRESENTER
- Please email your presentation to either Althea or Liz by Monday 4th November as a PPT file. Ensure you bring a backup of your presentation on USB.
- A laptop, data projector, screen and microphone will be provided. Please let us know if you require any other equipment.
- To avoid any potential technical problems on the day, please let us know by return if you have any particular technical requirements such as internet access on stage, non-standard software, running of movies/audio, or custom fonts.
- Advise if you will be using video clips and ensure when embedding any clips you also bring them with you on a USB as separate files.
- Any specific company fonts will need to be provided by the 5th November.
- Presentations should be submitted in English and in 16:9 format with a minimum font size of 24 so that text is easily legible. Do not send a PDF file.
- Presentations will be made from a centralised laptop. A remote mouse will be provided.
- Please bear in mind the time allocated which includes 5 minutes for questions.
- If you would prefer your presentation not to be made available to delegates on the conference website after the event, please let us know.
- Please ensure that you are in the session room at the beginning of the break before your presentation to check your slides.
- All videos should be provided in .h264 format in highest resolution possible .mov.
YOUR ROLE - CHAIR & MODERATOR
- The Chair will introduces the stand alone speakers and moderators.
- Moderators should welcome and introduce their panelists.
- Before the event, the producer will connect moderators with the panelists to make introductions.
- Moderators should give an introduction to the subject and moderate the discussion in the panel remembering to include questions from the floor.
- At the end of the session, wrap up with some closing remarks.
- An information pack with biographies will be provided before event.
YOUR ROLE - PANELLIST
- Before the event, the producer will connect you to the moderator and other panelists to make introductions.
- Discuss with the moderator and other panelists questions to be discussed during the panel.
SPEAKER PASSES /DISCOUNT
As a valued speaker, you will have an 'all access pass'. This will give you access to all areas of the event, free of charge.
For registration please bring a business card or a form of ID to avoid any confusion.
Discount for Colleagues
AfricaCom is offering you up to 3 tickets at a 20% discount for colleagues that you may wish to invite to the event.
To qualify for this discount please reference the following code when making your registration: ACOM2647SPK on the last page of event registration.
VEHICLES & PARKING
Parking at the CTICC is never a problem, with over 1,400 secure, easily accessible on-site parking bays available to visitors.
Additional, overflow parking can be arranged if necessary. Shuttle services are provided from these parking areas to the CTICC. Parking is not included in the venue rental, and guests are required to use the convenient pay-on-foot parking ticket kiosks to pay for their parking on an hourly basis.
Prepaid parking tariffs: Exhibition and conferences: R50 exit tickets per day
For more information, please go to the CTICC website:
PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE
Please use the hashtag below to post on twitter about your involvement with the event.
Thank you for sharing your experience!