Chido MuzondoEnergy Policy Consultant at International Institute for Sustainable Development
Insightful, critical thinker with an aptitude for problem solving and incorporating systems thinking into research methodologies. Adaptable, agile and responsive leader, with experience managing small projects and a startup company. More detailed interests:
1. Contributing to Low Emission Development Strategies (LEDS) which assist African countries in defining, building support for and launching pathways for low-emission, climate resilient and resource efficient growth.
2. Energy in Sub-Saharan Africa:
- Energy equity: scaling up access to safe, efficient and reliable energy access to all.
- Shifting Southern Africa from reliance on dirty fuels (coal, paraffin etc.) to renewables.
- The role of international finance in shaping the energy access agenda in Sub-Saharan Africa.
3. The intersection of climate change and transportation:
- What technologies and strategies can be used in African cities to reduce GHG emissions.
- On a policy & behavioural level, how we can increase the shift in transportation modes as a
strategy for reducing transportation related GHG emissions.
4. The intersection of cities and the built environment with climate change:
- Assessing the most feasible and efficient adaptation actions that African cities can take to reduce
the stresses associated with climate change.
- Assessing the vulnerability of major African urban centres to climate change.