Telecoms, Media & Technology is part of the Knowledge and Networking Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 3099067.
The Fixed Access Competence Center's role in Vodafone Group is to drive and build a common strategy and approach to Fixed Broadband Access across all the different Vodafone Local Markets. Among the activities of the team we can count;
- Define Technology Strategy and Architecture in the Fixed domain
- Manage the Vodafone road-map with Vendors & be the “official” Vodafone road-map source
- Produce the generic high-level architecture blueprints to facilitate Local Markets alignment
- Leverage design and vendor engagement effort across the Local Markets
- Leverage economies of scale with vendors
- Facilitate more rapid Vodafone product development and testing (do it once)
- Spread best practices
- Drive innovation and map it into VF network evolution
Fixed Access includes ADSL, VDSL, GPON, DOCSIS and G.fast broadband technologies; the domain spans from the Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) and Home Gateways to the Multiservice Edge Router (BNG), where it connects to the Core Network.
The role spreads across different areas and tasks, from strategy to design and planning to Best Practice sharing, as well as supporting the Local Marktes in M&A activities, business case and trial/POCs.
stay tuned for further news.. new challange, great one!