Cable Next-Gen Europe
November 14, 2019
Following its successful debut in London last Autumn, Cable Next-Gen Europe is returning as a one-day Light Reading event that will be part of the broader Cable Congress conference in Berlin this November.
The Cable Next-Gen Europe track led by Light Reading's Cable Practice Leader, Alan Breznick, will delve into the opportunities and challenges facing European service providers as they move into the 5G era, serving up technology roadmaps and business use cases for the new decade.
This event will offer an extensive look at cable’s efforts to develop, deploy and deliver new technologies, platforms, products, services, features and applications and find ways to monetize them.
Topics To Be Covered Include
- DOCSIS 3.1: Can cable operators still compete against FTTH networks with DOCSIS 3.1 and future DOCSIS specs?
- Full Duplex: How can cable operators wring greater operational efficiencies out of the HFC plant with DOCSIS 3.1, Full Duplex and future DOCSIS specs?
- Cable Last Mile: What impact will DOCSIS 3.1, Full Duplex, Distributed Access Architecture, Fiber Deep, 5G and other new technologies have on the cable last mile?
- Distributed Access Architecture: Which DAA options make the most sense for cable operators to pursue?
- Fiber Deep: What are the various fiber upgrade strategies for cable and which ones seem most promising?
- FTTH: How quickly and easily can cable operators make the transition to all-fiber networks?
- SDN & NFV: Now that virtualization standards are underway, what are the next steps for cable operators with SDN and NFV?
- Network Virtualization: Where does the industry stand in terms of virtualizing its networks, services and functions?
- IP & OTT Video: How can cable operators fix the broken pay-TV business model by incorporating IP and OTT video?
- UHD/4K: What are the prospects for developing and deploying new video services like 4K and 8K?
- IoT: What role will cable operators play in the emerging IoT market and which applications will be the first to take off?
- WiFi: What are cable’s prospects for WiFi-First and other next-gen WiFi services?
- 5G Convergence: Where does cable fit in the telecom industry’s transition to 5G?
- Monetization: Where will the industry’s future revenue and earnings growth come from?
Leading Industry Executives Participating in Cable Next-Gen Europe 2019
Leading cable, pay-TV, telco, streaming video and related experts will spell out the industry’s latest tech steps, explain the strategies that guide them and examine the hurdles that still lie ahead.
I was very impressed with the event. The moderators were well prepared and drove the panelists well. I am looking forward to attending next year and will encourage more people from my company to attend in Europe.
Director, Technical Services EMEA
Excellent conference and thought provoking.
Well-organised, well-attended first event, covering key industry topics. Shall definitely return next year!
The conference was exceptionally insightful. I learned a lot about this sector as well as what a number of operators were looking to achieve. The event was also a very open and interactive forum.
EMEA Partner Manager