To Gigabits & Beyond!
About the Event:
Building off our successful model in the U.S., Cable Next-Gen Europe is a one-day Light Reading live event that will focus on the opportunities and challenges facing European cable operators, foster a dialogue about what the industry’s next steps should be and offer technology roadmaps and business cases for the critical next few years. Leading cable, telco, video and OTT executives and vendors will examine the industry’s latest tech moves, spell out the strategies behind them and dissect the hurdles in front of them. The purpose of the conference is to provide a comprehensive, big-picture view of cable’s efforts to develop, deploy and monetize new technologies, platforms, products, services, features and applications.
Alan Breznick - Cable/Video Practice Leader Light Reading
The event is led by Light Reading Cable/Video Practice Leader Alan Breznick, who directs Light Reading’s coverage of the cable, video, and broadband technology markets. Also a contributing analyst for Heavy Reading, Alan has tracked the cable, video and broadband space since 1993. He also hosts our annual Cable Next-Gen Technologies & Strategies and Future of Cable Business Services events in the U.S., as well as our breakfast forums at other industry events.
Who should attend:
- Cable operators, Cable engineers and Cable marketers
- New business developers
- Financial experts
- Communications service providers
- Satellite TV providers
- Mobile operators
- Over-the-top (OTT) providers
Topics to be covered include:
- DOCSIS 3.1: Can cable operators still compete against FTTH networks with DOCSIS 3.1 and future DOCSIS specs?
- Full Duplex: How can cable operators wring greater operational efficiencies out of the HFC plant with DOCSIS 3.1, Full Duplex and future DOCSIS specs?
- Cable Last Mile: What impact will DOCSIS 3.1, Full Duplex, Distributed Access Architecture, Fiber
Deep, 5G and other new technologies have on the cable last-mile?
- Distributed Access Architecture: Which DAA options make the most sense for cable operators
- Fiber Deep: What are the various fiber upgrade strategies for cable and which ones seem most
- FTTH: How quickly and easily can cable operators make the transition to all-fiber networks?
- SDN & NFV: Now that virtualization standards are underway, what are the next steps for cable operators with SDN and NFV?
- Network Virtualization: Where does the industry stand in terms of virtualizing its networks, services and functions?
- IP & OTT Video: How can cable operators fix the broken pay-TV business model by incorporating IP and OTT video?
- UHD/4K: What are the prospects for developing and deploying new video services like 4K and 8K?
- IoT: What role will cable operators play in the emerging IoT market and which applications will be the first to take off?
- WiFi: What are cable’s prospects for WiFi-First and other next-gen WiFi services?
- 5G Convergence: Where does cable fit in the telecom industry’s transition to 5G?
- Monetization: Where will the industry’s future revenue and earnings growth come from?