November 6, 2018
Radisson Blu Portman Hotel,
22 Portman Square, London
Cable Next-Gen Europe - CHASING THE 5G FUTURE
Bringing together Cable and Video experts from Liberty Global, Vodafone, Com Hem and more to discuss opportunities and challenges facing the European cable industry.
To Gigabits & Beyond!
About the Event:
Cable Next-Gen Europe is a one-day Light Reading event that focuses on the opportunities and challenges facing European cable operators, fosters a dialogue about what the industry’s next steps should be, and offers technology roadmaps and business cases for the critical next few years.
This conference provides a comprehensive, big-picture view of cable’s efforts to develop, deploy and monetize new technologies, platforms, products, services, features and applications.
Alan Breznick - Cable/Video Practice Leader Light Reading
Light Reading Cable/Video Practice Leader Alan Breznick directs Light Reading’s coverage of the cable, video, and broadband technology markets. Also a contributing analyst for Heavy Reading, Alan has tracked the cable, video and broadband space since 1993. He also hosts our annual Cable Next-Gen Technologies & Strategies and Future of Cable Business Services events in the U.S., as well as our breakfast forums at other industry events.
Who should attend:
- Cable operators, Cable engineers and Cable marketers
- New business developers
- Financial experts
- Communications service providers
- Satellite TV providers
- Mobile operators
- Over-the-top (OTT) providers
Topics to be covered include:
- DOCSIS 3.1: Can cable operators still compete against FTTH networks with DOCSIS 3.1 and future DOCSIS specs?
- Full Duplex: How can cable operators wring greater operational efficiencies out of the HFC plant with DOCSIS 3.1, Full Duplex and future DOCSIS specs?
- Cable Last Mile: What impact will DOCSIS 3.1, Full Duplex, Distributed Access Architecture, Fiber Deep, 5G and other new technologies have on the cable last-mile?
- Distributed Access Architecture: Which DAA options make the most sense for cable operators to pursue?
- Fiber Deep: What are the various fiber upgrade strategies for cable and which ones seem most promising?
- FTTH: How quickly and easily can cable operators make the transition to all-fiber networks?
- Network Virtualization: Where does the industry stand in terms of virtualizing its networks, services and functions?
- IoT: What role will cable operators play in the emerging IoT market and which applications will be the first to take off?
- WiFi: What are cable’s prospects for WiFi-First and other next-gen WiFi services?
- 5G Convergence: Where does cable fit in the telecom industry’s transition to 5G?
- IP & OTT Video: How can cable operators fix the broken pay-TV business model by incorporating IP and OTT video?