Andrea CasiniSenior Vice President, International Business at JMA Wireless
A senior professional, played a substantial role in the wireless industry since the inception of GSM, and
managed innovation and profitable growth in own business and large organizations. ______________________________________________________________________________________
- Radio Technologies & Telecommunications Electronics (Application, Design, Management)
- General Management
- Business Development
- Sales Management
- Italian Citizen, born in Rome, November 30th, 1956
- Diploma in Literature and Humanistic Science at Lyceum Francesco Vivona, Rome
- Electronic Engineering (Radio & Telecoms) at University of Bologna, Italy (1975-1980)
- Holds several patents on product and application concepts
- Current: Senior Vice President International at JMA Wireless
- 2016 – 2017 – Senior Vice President Europe at JMA Wireless
- 2015 – 2016 – Senior Director, Business Development & Special Projects at JMA Wireless
- 2010 – 2014 – Owner & Managing Partner at Tekmar Executive Consulting
• 2008–2010 – Vice President WWS EMENA at CommScope, Andrew Solutions
• 2003–2007 – Vice President WWS EMEA with Andrew Corp.
• 2003 – Vice President Business Development at Allen Telecom Radio Systems Business Unit.
• 1996-2003 – CEO, Tekmar Sistemi following the acquisition by Allen Telecom.
• 1991-1996 – Founder and Managing Director, Tekmar Sistemi. Developed BriteCell and other
• 1986-1991 – R&D program management and technical marketing. Microwave radio, TV broadcasting.
• 1978-1986 – RF Design Engineer, FM radio broadcasting products.
• 1974-1978 – Technical writer on radio communication magazines, and responsible for technical infrastructure at private local radio stations.
As an RF & microwave design engineer I developed innovative solutions in cooperation with Philips Semiconductors, designed radio transmitters and communication equipment, including antennas. Responsible for developing fibre optic and microwave communication systems (1985-1990) that were deployed for upgrading the regional to national TV program interchange of RAI (Italian National Broadcaster).
Since foundation of my own business (Tekmar) and until 1996, I led both R&D and marketing departments to allow for a fast and effective transfer of market needs and feedback into real products. In 1995-96 I led the company to the acquisition by Allen Telecom, successfully positioning and integrating it within the new organization.
I actively supported standardisation activities for Cellular RF Repeaters and Active DAS at ETSI SMG2 for GSM (1994-1996), and for UMTS at 3GPP RAN (2000-2001).
Keen sailor, actively participating in important sailing competitions in spare time.