David MeekExecutive Partner – WIoT for Manufacturing and Industry 4.0 at IBM
David joined IBM in 2002 and has 27 years deploying ERP, Supply Chain, Analytic, IoT and AI solutions to a variety of manufacturers in electronics, chemicals, agribusiness, consumer products and both upstream and downstream oil & gas companies.
In the last three years, David has driven the use of AI in the manufacturing environment and helped shape IBM’s offerings and solutions for Industry 4.0, IoT and cognitive. David is IBM’s Global Leader for IBM’s Cognitive Plant advisor which uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to improve business results from manufacturing processes.
David is an industry veteran with broad consulting experience in oil and gas, chemicals, consumer products, services, electronics, foods and agribusiness. He has assisted early-stage businesses to Fortune 100 corporations, including 3M, Cargill, Shell, Sasol, G&K Services, Abbott Labs, PepsiCo, Hanesbrands and Sara Lee Foods.
Blogs, Articles and Though Leadership:
Nine “genius” moments with the oil and gas industry in Houston
- Embrace Industry 4.0, but don’t forget your legacy equipment
- IBM IBV Study - Finding common ground in oil and gas, 2014
Recent Speaking Sessions
- Manufacturing Leadership Summit, ‘A Manufacturing 4.0 Roadmap for Legacy Assets’ June 2018, Huntington Beach, CA
- Genius of Things, ‘Industry 4.0 Made Real: How to optimize throughput, lower costs and improve quality’ May 8th, 2018, Houston, TX
- Impact Manufacturing Summit, ‘How to optimize throughput, lower costs and improve quality in Industry 4.0’ April 23rd, 2018 Las Vegas, NV
- IndustryWeek ‘Industry 4.0 & the Factory of the Future’ June 19th, 2018
- Frost & Sullivan Virtual Think Tank, ‘Setting Expectations for Intelligent Automation’ July 10th, 2018
- Manufacturing Leadership Forum, ‘Industry 4.0 – Machine Learning & AI in Manufacturing’ May 16th, 2018 Atlanta, GA