Health and Safety at Data Center World
After close consultation with our partners in the data center industry, we’ve made the difficult decision to reschedule Data Center World to August 24-27, 2020.
Upon learning the news of San Antonio’s local state of disaster and public health emergency on Monday, and in light of corporate travel considerations continuing to escalate, we worked as quickly as possible to secure new dates so that you can adjust your plans accordingly.
Having spent the past year preparing for the event with our advisory boards, speakers, exhibitors and event partners, we're genuinely disappointed not to be able to host you in the coming weeks, but the experience and safety of our community and everyone involved in the event continues to be our top priority.
To reiterate, we are pleased to confirm Data Center World 2020 will now take place August 24-27 in San Antonio, Texas. Every year, we look forward to connecting with the community and sharing the vision of the data center together.
We want to thank all our customers and partners for their support, open discussions and encouragement. As everyone has been reminding us, great things happen when the community comes together and connects at Data Center World.
For more information, please visit Frequently Asked Questions.
Data Center World is actively monitoring reports around the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). We are aware that on Monday, March 2, the Mayor of San Antonio declared a public health emergency after a woman was released from quarantine who tested positive for COVID-19.
The health and safety of our attendees and exhibitors are our top priority. We are working closely with the City of San Antonio and the Henry B. González Convention Center on our next steps regarding the event. We understand that this has caused concern with members of our community, and are working diligently to provide you with an update very soon. We thank all our customers and partners for their support, open discussions and encouragement.
Data Center World is planned to take place as scheduled in San Antonio, Texas from March 16-19, 2020. We are actively monitoring reports around the novel coronavirus (COVID-19 ) and are following precautionary measures recommended by the Centers for Disease Control. The health and safety of our attendees and exhibitors is our top priority. Below are some safety guidelines to help all attendees have a healthy event.
Data Center World is:
- Following the guidance of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Adhering to travel restrictions and guidance of the U.S. Department of State.
- Encouraging attendees and exhibitors to follow regular CDC guidance for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of illness:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay in your hotel or at home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
The City of San Antonio is currently following the additional practices in response to the Corona Virus.
- Ensuring all free-standing hand sanitizer units are operational and full
- Disinfecting high contact areas such as railings, door knobs and restrooms at a minimum of twice per day and as needed in between
- Participating in a weekly call (or more often if necessary) with the Health Department and receiving any updates