25 - 26 April 2023
The Region's Primary Tech Event
A 360 view – the only event in East Africa that connects the entire value chain across enterprise digital transformation.
About East Africa Com
Technological innovation across East Africa is transforming industry verticals across the board, from transport & logistics, to education, healthcare, and agriculture. Fuelled by the region’s entrepreneurial spirit and increasing levels of investment and access to finance options, we’ll explore what the future holds for East African enterprise in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic – in a region where negative impacts of climate change are already being keenly felt.
The commencement of the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) in January 2021, the largest in the world by number of participating countries, promised a transformative acceleration of African trade. More than a year on, we’ll take a look at its impacts on East Africa, the operation challenges it faces, and the opportunities it presents for growth across the region and the continent more broadly.
What topics are right for you?
East Africa Com will focus on enterprise technology will include sessions examining trends across key industry verticals: why Fintech is key to positioning East Africa on the global tech stage, and how the next wave of disruptive innovation in AgTech, GreenTech and healthcare will be truly transformative.
Regional potential of the African Continental Free Trade Area
Disruptive Tech Transforming Industry Verticals
East Africa’s Pioneering Start-up Ecosystems
Tracking 4IR Adoption and Impact Across Tech Verticals
Disruptive Tech Across Industry Verticals: Agriculture, M-education, Transport & Logistics, eCommerce
Reimagining a post-Pandemic East African Healthcare Sector
Sessions you don't want to miss...
Fireside chat: Tracking 4IR Adoption and Impact Across East Africa’s Tech Sectors
- Status: Exploring common 4IR trends across manufacturing, eCommerce, financial services & agriculture - can emerging technologies provide value by addressing specific sector challenges?
- Near Future: Mobile digital financial services are the most important ICT evolution of recent years, but which innovations will lead in the next 5 years – AI, cloud computing, IoT, automation & robotics – and how can a societal vs commercial-benefit balance be achieved?
- FoW: How education and training high-skilled labour are critical 4IR enablers, and unpacking how technology and social factors will shape the future of work in the region
Panel: The Next Step in East Africa's Fintech Revolution
- SMEs: Microloans and digital payment platforms provide greater freedom and customer access for SMEs and the informal sector. What will the next wave of innovation look like?
- Regulation: Can policy makers use the agile, consultative approach deployed for business regulation to tackle the inclusion challenge? Universal identification and improved financial literacy remain priorities
- Crypto-hype: Crypto is going mainstream – while some African nations explore integration and regulation, East Africa has lagged. What opportunities, if any, does the tech hold for the region?
- Disruption: The percentage of East Africans with a commercial bank account is low but the capital, stability and expertise banks provide is critical to the sector. Collaboration has proved a powerful strategy, how will banks continue to innovate?
Keynote: East Africa's AgTech Innovations: Cultivating Sustainable Growth
- Opportunity: >80% of East African exports rely on agriculture. With global food demand expected to rise by up to 98% by 2050, there is a unique opportunity for the region. How can AgTech capitalise on this?
- Climate change: How can agricultural innovation help mitigate the climate change impacts already posing a significant threat to livelihoods and enterprise across East Africa?
- Accessibility: Flexible business models and accessible technologies that can enable farmers to utilise cutting-edge developments more easily.
Fireside chat: Envisioning the post-Pandemic East African Healthcare Sector
- Model evolution: Exploring how the rise of telemedicine is facilitating a 'direct to customer' solutions and pushing traditional healthcare providers to rethink their business models
- Start-ups: How are start-ups and disruptive innovators tackling the region's oldest health challenges - product development and healthcare distribution?
- Partnerships: How are private and public sectors collaborating to address the complex issues exposed by Covid-19 - patient access and education, data gathering and security, and supply chain disruption
Connect with 1,250+ industry leaders
East Africa Com Awards
Celebrate the innovations, people and businesses accelerating East Africa's digital economy and make connections with those enterprise companies paving the way towards the 4IR. Watch this space for more information on the awards...
Unleashing the power of the region's start-up ecosystem with dedicated content and networking space to connect start-ups, investors, MNOs and corporates.
Explore our virtual interactive expo and meet with solution providers as they showcase and demonstrate their latest products. Arrange video calls or 1-2-1 chats and secure your next meaningful partnership.
Connected Leaders and LeadersIn Africa
*For VIP pass holders only*
Join exclusive events such as the Connected Leaders Programme, delivering curated, qualified meetings between those actively engaged in buying IT products and services and those providing the solution, and our LeadersIn Africa closed-door sessions, tackling challenging and controversial issues in an informal and intimate setting.
Get up close and personal with our expert technology speakers in live Q&A sessions followed after each conference sessions. Get your business critical questions answered and help facilitate the conversation even further.
It's never been easier to find the right people to help you and your business grow with our AI matchmaking functionality. Simply tell us who you want to meet, and our algorithm finds the people and companies most suitable to you.
Who will you meet from the tech industry?
Download the 2021 sample attendee list to learn more about the companies and individuals you can expect to network with in 2022. Don't forget, you can reach out to them before, during and after the event ensuring maximum interaction with key decision makers in your industry.