25 - 26 April 2023
Radisson Blu Upper Hill Hotel,
Welcome to East Africa Com 2023!
Here you will find the relevant information for East Africa Com 2023. Please ensure you read each section carefully and meet the required deadlines. If you have any questions, please contact your speaker logistics contact. We look forward to working with you in making this a successful event!
Please send below information to your operations contact as soon as possible, if you have not already done so:
- 100 word biography
- High-res head shot photo
- Mobile number
- Dietary Requirements
- Special assistance – please inform us if you require any specific assistance at the venue.
Radisson Blu Upper Hill Nairobi Hotel
Located just 20 minutes' drive from both Nairobi National Park and the airport, the new Radisson Blu Hotel in the heart of the fast-growing business district of Upper Hill is the perfect base for a Kenyan safari or business trip. Discover Nairobi National Park—a well-known wildlife preserve with herds of zebras, wildebeests and giraffes—right on your doorstep.
Monday 24 April 15:00 - 18:00
Tuesday 25 April 08:00 - 18:00
Wednesday 26 April 08:00 - 16:00
EXHIBITION OPENING HOURS
Tuesday 25 April 10:00 - 18:00
Wednesday 26 April 10:00 - 16:00
Tuesday 25 April 08:55 - 17:00
Wednesday 26 April 08:55 - 16:30
*Timings are subject to change
Your Role - Presenter
Submitting your slide deck:
- Rename your PPT presentation before uploading to: Speaker’s Name Company Name
- Presentations should be sent as PPT files (and not PDF)
- 16:9 aspect ratio is required with a minimum font size of 24 so that text is easily legible. Please bear in mind the time allocated, which includes 5 minutes for questions
- Upload your PPT presentation to Dropbox by 28 March
- Email your Speaker Manager to confirm you have uploaded it
Things to note:
- A laptop, data projector, screen and microphone will be provided. Please let us know if you require any other equipment.
- Mac Computers: There will not be a MAC available onsite; should you wish to bring your own please let me know. Please ensure you bring any adaptors that enable you to output from your MAC providing our technicians with DVI, HDMI, or Display Port.
- Video: All videos should be provided in .h264 format in the highest res possible .mov or.mp4. Should you have a different format, please check this with you Speaker Manager as soon as possible.
- Custom Fonts: If you plan to use custom fonts for your presentation, those fonts must be provided with your slide deck no later than 28 March
- Please ensure that you arrive in the break before your presentation.
- It's always advisable to bring a copy of your presentation with you on a USB drive as a backup.
On the Day:
During session breaks, speakers will have the time to go through their presentation with the technical team and will be shown how they can forward slides. For a seamless transition between speakers on the day, we will run all presentations on a central laptop which will be operated by the technical team. Speakers will be able to forward slides using a remote mouse from the stage.
Your Role – Chair & Moderator
YOUR ROLE ONSITE – Chair
- Open the show and give H&S briefing (Chairs only)
- Introduce each session
- Welcome back after breaks in agenda
- Wrap up with some closing remarks
PRE-EVENT - Moderators
Before the event, the producer will connect you to the panellists to make introductions & discuss topics/questions.
YOUR ROLE ONSITE – Moderators
- Welcome and introduce the panellists in the panel
- Give an introduction to the subject and moderate the discussion in the panel
- Include questions from the floor
- Wrap up with some closing remarks
Chairs & Moderators are NOT required to submit slides
Your Role – Panellist
- Before the event, the producer will connect you to the moderator and other panellists to make introductions
- Discuss with the moderator and other panellists questions to be discussed during the panel
Panellists are NOT required to submit slides.
Travel & Accommodation
The Radisson Blu Upper Hill Hotel has 271 rooms and suites come complete with free Wi-Fi and a minibar, along with lovely city or park views. Their nutritious breakfast buffet includes excellent hot and cold drinks, fresh baked goods, cereals, an egg and pancake station, our signature "Morning Mary" and much more. It's a great way to kick start your day. Dine on international classics and Kenyan dishes all day in the Larder restaurant, or savor haute cuisine at Chop House, its fine dining restaurant. You can also enjoy food and glass of wine at the Humidor Bar & Cigar Lounge.
PLAN YOUR TRAVEL
How to get to the Radisson Blu Hotel, Nairobi Upper Hill
Elgon Road, Nairobi 00100, Kenya
Whether you're visiting Kenya for business or a safari, you'll appreciate our hotel's prime location in Nairobi city center. An address in the fast-growing business district of Upper Hill puts you close to corporate headquarters, embassies, and banks along with museums, restaurants, golf courses, and parks. Be sure to see the iconic African wildlife at Nairobi National Park, just a 20-minute drive away. Nearby Wilson Airport offers domestic flights, and Jomo Kenyatta International Airport is the largest international airport in Kenya. The best way to travel around the city is on one of the matatus, brightly colored minibuses that are famous for their outlandish décor and affordability.
From Wilson Airport
The hotel is 4.5km from the airport. A taxi ride takes about 10 minutes.
VEHICLES & PARKING
We would like to encourage visitors to use public transport to get to the event where possible.
Parking at the Radisson Blu Upper Hill Hotel is secure and free of charge. There are two parking levels at the hotel on Basement 1 & 2 with 273 parking bays available. The two basement levels have 24hrs security.
As a speaker you will automatically be registered for the live event and the event app. To be registered, your Speaker Manager will need the speakers email address.
East Africa Com is powered by Swapcard, and is live now!
You will have received an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to allow you access to the event app. If you have not received this email, please check your junk items or:
Click here: https://app.swapcard.com/event/east-africa-com
Type in your email we have on file and select the green arrow
Then press Send me a Magic Link under “Forgot Your Password”
We will have loaded your details along with your photo and biography into the platform if you have sent them to us. If you have not sent these, you can log in on the platform and manually add your photo and bio. For more information on how to update your profile, please click on the link below.
We hope you find the platform intuitive to use, should you need any help you can use the HOW TO GUIDE or visit the Swapcard help center for FAQs.
VISA Invitation Letter
If you need a visa to attend the event, please contact email@example.com for a link to create your letter of invitation to assist with your application.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Informa Tech is dedicated to providing an inclusive and safe event experience for everyone, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, nationality or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. We are a diverse community of professionals, and we conduct ourselves professionally. Please be considerate and careful with your words and actions. Exhibitors in the expo hall, evening party hosts and organizers of concurrent activities should be aware they are subject to the code of conduct. Exhibitors and party hosts may not promote sexualized or offensive imagery or activities. Exhibition and party staff should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment. Participants asked to stop any behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant or sponsor engages in behavior that violates this code of conduct, Informa Tech staff may take action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the event with no refund.
Informa Tech is committed to a role of environmental and sustainable leadership in every aspect of our business and recognises the responsibilities we have to our employees, our customers, our suppliers, the communities we work within and the environment as a whole.
Our contribution to a sustainable and environmentally harmonious society is based upon best practice and covers:
- Environment: We use recycled materials for office and event documentation and reduce the use of plastics in all our event collateral
- Community: To encourage sustainable development in the wider business we endeavour to utilise environmentally accredited venues and support regional agricultural practice by insisting on using locally grown produce for catering at all our large events.
- Relationships: Informa Tech has developed an alliance with the Carbon Neutral Company and as a further example of our customer centricity, we strive to locate our events central to where we feel the majority of attendees originate.
By registering for this event you acknowledge recordings, video, and photographs are being taken during the event. By you entering this virtual event, you give unqualified consent to: Informa Tech, its agents, licensees to record, use and publicise your voice, actions, likeness, and appearance, in any manner and media, worldwide in perpetuity. If you wish to avoid being recorded, please do not enter this event.