WHO CAN ENTER
The Global Telecoms Awards are open to any company operating in the telecoms industry worldwide. This can include service providers, operators, any vendor or solutions provider, consultancies and everything in between. PR agencies may get in touch with their clients and encourage them to enter the awards in any of the categories or put in an entry on their behalf.
More than one category may be entered for the same project/service/team.
SUBMITTING AN ENTRY
All entries must be written in English and submitted via our online form.
- All entries must be no longer than 500 words.
- Supporting material may be supplied, but your main entry should include all information you deem necessary for your awards entry.
- The chairperson of the judging panel reserves the right to cast any deciding vote should the need arise. The verdict of the judging panel is final.
WHAT INFORMATION TO SUBMIT
First and foremost, winning entries will be exceptional in their success. Innovative solutions to problems being faced in the industry are favoured, and presenting tangible evidence of how the solution yielded financial gain is even better.
Specific case studies and instances of client success is a great way of presenting a successful solution. All of our award winners, historically, have raised the bar and helped shape the future direction of the industry.
So what are these judges looking for? The perfect entry will include as much of the following information as possible.
- Dates of the overall project. All entries should be for the period of the last two years. These parameters ensure only recent projects are represented. The primary judging criteria will focus on the quality of the project.
- The unique points of the project. What makes this project different? What specific pain-point is it solving? How have you made the lives of operators or customers easier as a result?
- Financial impact/return on investment. This is particularly useful to the judges in distinguishing costly Tier 1 juggernaut projects from those of smaller players. Other performance metrics can also be offered
- How the project and/or product has advanced the category. Some entries may be worthy mainly due to their outright innovation. Judges’ eyes may be caught by highlighting a novel approach to an old problem or even a completely new category.
- Any other information such as statistics, facts or figures that you think will help us understand the project better!
We reserve the right to publish brief details of all shortlisted entries. This is an up to 100 words “entry synopsis” that is included on all entry forms.
All other information provided in the entry is treated in strictest confidence.
THE JUDGING PROCESS
All qualifying entries are examined, discussed and voted on by the Global Telecoms Awards judges.
To ensure the process is completely unbiased and objective, judges are not allowed to comment on, or vote for, entries from their own institutions.
Up to 5 companies will be shortlisted in each category and the shortlist will be published in September 2018. In the event of exceptionally high-interest level in a category, we reserve the right to expand the shortlist.
All shortlisted companies are required to purchase tickets to attend the ceremony on 8th November 2018 in London to potentially collect their Award.
The Global Telecoms Awards will culminate in a fabulous gala black-tie dinner and the awards ceremony on 8 November 2018 and not before.
Winners will receive a trophy and certificate presented at the Gala Dinner.
Save the date!
ENTRY FEE AND PAYMENT
Each entry costs an administration fee of £299 plus 20% VAT for EU companies without a VAT number and all UK companies (companies outside the EU are not liable for tax on awards submissions). If you enter more than one category the cost is £299 + VAT per category. Payment will be accepted by credit card or bank transfer.
To be considered for entry into the 2018 awards payment should be made as soon as possible.