Welcome to IoT World Virtual! The event is taking place Tuesday, August 11 to Thursday, August 13, 2020.
The Online Speaker Information Page provides essential information for all IoT World speakers and program-specific information to help you prepare your webcast presentation and facilitate learning and idea sharing throughout the conference.
We look forward to working with you!
Your session date and time is now assigned and can be viewed using the link below. You also have the opportunity to review your speaker profile.
How to Record Your Session
Information on how to pre-record your session will be sent to you shortly. Please stay tuned to ensure you have the information/criteria needed to execute a success pre-recorded session.
Please use an official IoT World or Startup Elevate PPT Template for your presentation to provide consistency throughout the event. Should the presentation's content benefit from a different template, feel free to use what works best but be sure it matches the slide resolution specs listed below.
Panelists do NOT need to provide slides. A producer from your assigned track will be in contact with you to schedule a time to pre-record your panel.
As a speaker, you do NOT need to register for IoT World Virtual. We will register you for a Speaker Pass, which is equivalent to an Elite Pass. Login information will be emailed to you closer to the event.
Best Equipment Practices
When planning your webcast presentation, it is essential to keep in mind the technical requirements, location, and types of content necessary to create an engaging webcast. Following these best practices will help you create a high-quality audio and video session with a webcam that will be sure to keep your audiences’ attention.
Best Practices for Lighting
- For best results, use natural light and supplement with additional light as needed.
- Keep natural light in front of you to avoid shadows. A bright window behind you can make you appear as a dark silhouette.
- Interior rooms with no natural light source may require additional targeted lighting, such as a ring light, to brighten the speaker’s face.
Best Practices for Webcams
- To ensure the speaker is looking directly at the audience, place the webcam at eye level.
- Avoid distracting backgrounds by checking the surroundings behind you to make sure there are no distracting colors or movement.
- Presenters should use chairs that are adjustable for height but do not swivel. Swiveling on camera creates a poor attendee experience and can be distracting.
Best Practices for Microphones
- Use an external microphone or headphones with a microphone whenever available, as microphones built into computers and cameras often have lower quality.
- An external microphone allows the speaker to place it in the optimal location for sound.
- Place the microphone close to the speaker’s mouth, but not in the camera view.
- Test audio levels in advance.
- Manage noise by turning off fans, phones, or speakers and keep ambient noise to a minimum.
- Do not touch the microphone while unmuted.
As a speaker, your contacts can benefit from a discount to attend the virtual event! Pass on the discount code IOTSPK to your network and help them benefit from your involvement as a speaker at IoT World.
The discount code can be inserted upon booking by clicking on the "Have a VIP Code" button in your basket.