Are You A Startup?
We'll Connect You With Industry and Investment Opportunities
Meet more than 100 investors, VCs, incubators, accelerators and the media looking to connect with startups like you at the most comprehensive and leading IoT conference on the market. Ready for Startup Elevate to take your startup from IoT newbie to industry gamechanger?
DOWNLOAD THE STARTUP ELEVATE BROCHURE
Download the Startup Elevate brochure to discover opportunities available for startups, investors and technology vendors:
- Learn about previous companies that have been involved in the program
- Discover more about what is included in Startup Elevate
- Take a look at opportunities and ways to get involved
Startup Elevate FAQ
What is Startup Elevate?
Startup Elevate is an exclusive startup program and community bringing together investors and more than 100 innovative startups disrupting the tech scene. Held at Internet of Things World, Startup Elevate takes place at the leading and most comprehensive IoT expo and conference with 12,500+ IoT professionals.
Whether you're looking to expand your customer base, meet with the right investor, practice your pitch or build your brand, Startup Elevate will help take your startup to the next level.
What began as a small startup program called Project Kairos has evolved across 3 continents, supporting more than 150 startups since its launch in 2015.
Where is Startup Elevate at IoT World?
The Startup Elevate exhibition area is located next to the Internet of Things World expo floor. This special exhibition area will be packed with startups showcasing disruptive IoT technology.
The Startup Elevate Stage will host the pitchoff competition where startups will battle it out for the Innovation of Things Award as they pitch in front of top investors, industry leaders, incubators and accelerators. There will also be conference content including talks and panels specifically developed for early-stage startups on the Startup Elevate Stage.
How can I connect with investors, VCs and interested parties?
The 2 Everything Passes to Internet of Things World & Connected and Autonomous Vehicles that is included with your startup pack grants you access to the event and networking app where you can send messages and set up meetings with other conference attendees*.
The Everything Passes also grant you access to all the networking events throughout Internet of Things World.
*Must be a conference pass holder including Everything, 3-Day and 2-Day Pass holders.
What is included in the startup pack?
STARTUP PACK $2,500 (MUST MEET REQUIREMENTS TO QUALIFY):
- 2 Day Pod in Startup Elevate (May 15-16)
- 2 Everything Passes to Internet of Things World & Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (4 Day All Access Passes: $6,390 full value)
- 1 Entry to Compete in the Pitchoff Competition to vie for the Innovation of Things Award
- Unlimited expo hall passes for you and your team
- Access to networking events
- Crunchbase listing
- $1,000 AWS Web Credits*
To qualify, your startup must have funding levels listed as Bootstrapped, Pre-seed, Seed, Series A or Series B (under $10M).
*Terms & Conditions apply for AWS Web Credits
What is the Innovation of Things Award?
The Innovation of Things Award is the grand prize for our pitchoff competition. Does your startup have what it takes to win?
Startups will pitch on the Startup Elevate Stage in front of a panel of investors, VCs & industry leaders for each vertical. The best of each vertical is automatically entered into the final pitchoff for the Innovation of Things Award on May 16th.
The winning startup will receive:
- 1 subscription to Ovum’s Knowledge Center
- 1 year subscription to Crunchbase Pro
- Opportunity to showcase at your choice of either Internet of Things World 2020 or one of our 2019 Fall IoT events, includes:
- Table top stand
- 15-minute showcase on Startup Elevate Stage
- Pre-event and onsite interview
- Featured article on IoT Institute (IoTi.com)
- Promoted as the 2019 Innovation of Things Award Winner
What are the verticals for the pitchoff competition?
Each startup is assigned into one of five broad verticals to pitch over 2 days of Startup Elevate (subject to change):
- Consumer & Retail Tech (Smart Home, Healthcare, Wearables)
- Enterprise Innovation & Digital Transformation
- IoT Capabilities: AI & Machine Learning and Security
- Smart Cities & Transportation
- Industrial IoT & Connectivity
What should I bring for my startup pod?
You must provide:
- Laptop and/or Monitor
- Brochures, flyers, demo materials, awards, or any marketing collateral to decorate your tabletop and promote your business
Startup Elevate will provide:
- Shared Wi-Fi
- 5AMPS shared of electricity
- All signage for pod
- 1 meter counter for displays, laptop, etc.
Please contact us for additional questions regarding your pod.
Can I bring other people to help with our pod?
Yes! Please have them register for a free expo pass here and they can help with your pod in the Startup Elevate exhibition area, participate in your pitch, get access to content on the Startup Elevate Stage, and network throughout the expo.
Please contact us to purchase additional passes to the conference.
What is the value of participating in the pitchoff?
The pitchoff competition provides a unique platform for startups to practice their pitch and get actionable and constructive feedback from a panel of investors, VCs, accelerators, incubators and industry leaders.
Make the most of this opportunity where your startup has 5 minutes of undivided attention on the Startup Elevate Stage from key judges and an engaged audience. It may just lead to your next big break!