London Tech Week 2019: Schools Competition
How would you use technology to improve the lives of Londoners?
About the competition
Get involved with London Tech Week – join London Tech Weeks school competition to design a tech based solution to help improve life in the capital!
The London Tech Week Schools Competition will run Feb – June 2019 and is open to year 9 and 10 students in groups of no more than 4.
We want you to submit your ideas on what you would do to improve the lives of Londoners - using technology! You can target a particular group of people or a local area or make your project London-wide, it's entirely up to you!
Competition key dates:
March 2019: Competition Launched entries welcome
24 May 2019: Deadline for Submissions
June 14th 2019: Schools Final Pitch Off & Winners Ceremony
Organised with Ada
Ada, the National College for Digital Skills, offers a career catapulting education; equipping students with exceptional skillsets, mindsets and professional networks to pursue a career in tech. Ada's specialist sixth form teaches digital skills alongside a groundbreaking programme of employer projects, one-on-one industry coaching, and outstanding progression opportunities. For school leavers their digital apprenticeships, with Google, Deloitte, Expedia, Siemens and many of the UK’s most influential companies, are the perfect way to begin a career in tech.
Benefits of Participating
- Be part of London Tech Week, Europe’s biggest festival of technology
- Shortlisted schools will be given the opportunity to attend TechXLR8, the official London Tech Week Exhibition
- Showcase your schools imagination, talent and team work
- Shortlisted ideas will be shared with Smart City leaders in the capital to give exposure to young talent and creativity
- Shortlisted entrants will be interviewed for content features and shared with the London Tech Week opportunity
- Shortlisted groups will be invited to attend the final pitch off & meet some of London Techs changemakers
- The winning group will receive the chance to attend the Pavegen offices to experience a day in the life of a top tech start-up
- Further prizes to be announced.. watch this space!
How to enter
Submissions now open!
We're looking for the best proposals on how you think tech can improve key areas of everyday life in the Capital.
All you need to do is submit your entry via the button below with the following information:
School Contact: Teacher/staff member responsible
School Contact Details: (email address preferable)
Student Participant Names:
Title of Entry: eg: Social Media to Improve Public Safety
Short Overview of Entry (max 250 words): This is your elevator pitch, to briefly describe the problem you sought to solve, your proposed tech solution and the thought-process/rationale behind the idea.