September 13, 2017
Marriott Marquis Hotel,
San Francisco, CA
A Breakfast Workshop @ MWC Americas
Investigating the importance of capacity economics and extreme end-user performance for the world’s most successful broadband access technology
GIGABIT LTE AND THE PATH TO 5G
Just a few years ago Gigabit mobile broadband was almost unthinkable – in 2017 it will be a reality. LTE-Advanced Pro is the major upgrade release for LTE. It introduces a host of new capabilities that will ensure 4G remains a critical technology over the next ten years and prepares the ground for commercial 5G services.
In the US market – the most advanced wireless market, globally – LTE-A Pro is the top near-term investment priority. Operators have made a huge commitment to 4G and will rely on the technology to support a vast and expanding range of services, for years to come.
Investment in “5G-ready” LTE-A Pro technology is vital for US operators to achieve superior capacity economics, to compete on performance, and to open up new markets for advanced new services. This special breakfast will discuss how LTE-A Pro and Gigabit LTE will have an immediate market impact and pave the way for the introduction of 5G.
Among The Topics To Be Covered:
- The role of LTE-A Pro in driving superior capacity economics and end-user performance
- How carrier aggregation, 256 QAM and massive MIMO combine to support Gigabit downlink speeds
- The use of unlicensed 5GHz and shared 3.5GHz (CBRS) spectrum to enable extreme peak rate services
- Deployment of non-standalone 5G NR in an LTE network
- Mobility and dual-connectivity between mmWave 5G and evolved LTE RANs
- System architecture evolution covering the core network, edge computing and SDN
Why Sponsor LTE-Advanced Pro & Gigabit LTE: The Path to 5G?
LTE-Advanced Pro, specified in 3GPP Release 13, is the major upgrade release for LTE. LTE Advanced Pro & Gigabit LTE: The Path to 5G will present and discuss critical information on how this technology will impact US. mobile operators and their end-user consumer and enterprise customers.