Momoh KonteChairman & Commissioner at National Telecommunications Regulatory Authority of Sierra Leone
Momoh Kemoh Konte is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Transtech International, a global business management, information technology and economic consulting firm headquartered in Sierra Leone, with offices in, Liberia, Ghana, Gambia and the Ivory Coast. In addition to managing his consulting practice, he served as Chairman and Commissioner of the National Telecommunication Commission (NATCOM) of Sierra Leone.
Mr. Konte hails from the Koinadugu District, Northern Sierra Leone and has made tremendous contributions to the development of West Africa in various sectors including but not limited to information technology, education, philanthropy, corporate governance, ICT consultancy, civil society, democratic governance and tolerance and development of entrepreneurship.
Mr Konte is a Ph.D. candidate in Leadership and Public Management, Walden University –Minnesota, USA, Certificate holder in Investment Banking and Stock Leadership, Penn Jersey Executive Session Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA and he also attained a B.A in Economics at Howard University in Washington, DC, and a Master’s in Economics from the University of Toledo, Ohio.
Mr Konte has tremendous experience in a multiplicity of interrelated disciplines in the fields of Economics, Business Administration, and Information Technology. In addition to his academic accomplishments, he serves as:
- Regional Distributor, Maghreb States of Tunisia, Morocco and Egypt, South Western Petroleum Corporation (SWEPCO), Fort Worth, TX
- Lead Consultant for the Privatization of Liberian Telecommunications Company
- Lead Consultant for the Privatization of Sierra Leone Telecommunications Company (SIERRATEL)
- Lead Consultant Justin’s Corp, Washington, DC
- Lead Consultant RE-Logistics Incorporated, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Financial Analyst, MCI World Com, Washington, DC
- Trade Consultant, Small Business Development Centre, Washington, DC
- Consultant, Minority Media and Telecommunications Council, Washington, DC
He is a member of series of national, sub- regional and international organisations including but not limited to:
- Member of Omicron Delta Epsilon, Howard University Chapter, Washington, DC
- Member of Pi Alpha, Alpha National Honour Society for Public Affairs and Administration- Walden “University Chapter, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Member of the Society for Public Administration, USA
- Member of the Society for the Advance of Management, USA
As a towering personality and contributor to the national development of Sierra Leone, Mr Konte’s effort are profoundly noted for his monumental leadership in the fight against Ebola, especially in the Northern part of Sierra Leone; creation of employment for youth empowerment and personal contribution, and support for young people furthering their education both in and out of Sierra Leone.
He is a passionate football fan and an indulgent reader of books.