Telecoms, Media & Technology is part of the Knowledge and Networking Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 3099067.
Introduction to Network Virtualization & SDN Asia 2018 and an overview of the day's themes to be addressed.
What has been targeted recently as part of their virtualization journey?
- Lessons learned from the latest trials
- What challenges have been encountered along the way?
- What benefits are becoming visible?
- What are SK Telecom’s priorities with NFV/SDN?
- Approaches to virtualizing the network and SDN deployment
- Outcomes of the latest use cases
More and more customers are adopting Cloud and leveraging the latest database, AI/ML algorithm from Cloud vendors to accelerate their business innovation. Hybrid cloud with SDN/NFV becomes very important.
Customer’s Physical/Virtual asset shall be more distributed in private DC, public cloud and even branch offices. How can companies provide consistent connectivity via SDN controller and also maintain all the policy and security rules across different locations?
Juniper Networks introduces multi-cloud solution which can help companies to manage private DC, includes ZTP for leaf/spine CLOS physical underlay and vRouter based VM/Container virtual overlay resources. In addition, we provide DCI fabric and Cloud IPsec VPN fabric connection with added-on Security policies.
- Looking further than Capex and Opex to maximize the potential for NFV/SDN
- Selling virtual services as a licence
- Living alongside OTT players
- How to re-shape a company to adapt to innovation?
- Smart data strategy for NFV/SDN environments
- Drivers for next-generation business services
- Use cases for Cloud, uCPE, and SD WAN service assurance
- Status of Current Mobile Network
- Reinventing the role of Telco’s: from cloud users to providers and the implementation of multiple
- Combing NFV & SDN with edge computing
- How does adopting SDN and NFV effect the launch of new services to mobile market, accessing
future growth, revenue streams and underserved markets?
- Examples in practice
- The key challenges facing NFV Service assurance
- How can operators effectively implement network monitoring, analytics and resource
- How are service assurance tools effectively communicating with physical and virtual infrastructure?
- Lacking instrumentation: what impact does this have on service assurance?
- How is the industry manoeuvring the lack of unified service view?
Virtualization of network functions is a prerequisite for 5G. However, full network virtualization will take time. In practice that means that most Communication Service Providers (CSPs) will have a hybrid scenario of traditional (i.e. physical) and virtualized network functions for years to come. The transformation to a virtual network environment will impact the organizations delivering the operations. For effective and efficient operations, having separate delivery units for traditional (i.e. physical) network operations and telco cloud operations is not sustainable. In this session, we will talk about the challenges on the virtualization journey as well as what is required to transform operations, including organization, skills, processes & service functions, and tools and automation.