Code of Conduct
We believe our community should be truly open for everyone. We are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming virtual environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religion. This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behaviour, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behaviour. We invite all sponsors, speakers, attendees, media, exhibitors and other participants to help us realize a safe and positive conference experience for everyone. All determinations of appropriate or inappropriate behaviour are in Informa Tech ’s sole discretion and the decision(s) of the Informa Tech representatives will be final.
- You will behave in a way as to create a safe and supportive environment for all Connecting Africa virtual events (webinar, live streams, etc.) participants (including Connecting Africa employees, moderators, attendees, vendors, sponsors, speakers, and volunteers).
- You will not engage in disruptive speech or behaviour or otherwise interfere with the virtual event or other individuals’ participation in the event, or engage in spamming of other attendees.
- You will not engage in any form of harassing, offensive, discriminatory, or threatening speech or behaviour, including (but not limited to) relating to race, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other protected category.
- You will comply with the instructions of the moderator and any Connecting Africa virtual event staff.
- You will comply with all applicable laws.
We expect all virtual event participants (including Connecting Africa employees, moderators, attendees, vendors, sponsors, speakers, and volunteers) to uphold the principles of this Code of Conduct. This Code of Conduct covers the virtual event and all related events (social or otherwise). Informa Tech employees participating in virtual events must continue to abide by all company policies at all times.
Breaches of this Code of Conduct may result in disqualification from participating in future live and virtual events and from engagement with Connecting Africa events. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact James Williams, Portfolio Manager, at email@example.com. The above policies may be revised at any time by Informa Tech and are non-negotiable. This Code of Conduct is without prejudice to Informa Tech’s rights, all of which it expressly reserves.