Jaisheila RajputCEO à TOMA-Now
Green Economy leader bringing a global perspective to the development of solutions for companies doing business in Africa. Jaisheila is passionate about empowering others to develop economic models for sustainability and inspiring change in the way we do business. She is a fervent believer in building practical and comprehensive solutions that unlock green business value with long term benefit and impacts.
Jaisheila is the Founder and CEO of TOMA-Now | Tomorrow Matters Now, value chain specialists leading the green economy in Cape Town, South Africa. Their client base is spread across Africa, Asia and Europe, focussing on global collaboration and input towards a sustainable future for all.
Jaisheila is also co- Founder of SDG Lab Africa. The SDG Lab Africa is an innovative, collaborative space where we work with our clients and partners to understand, design, experiment and solve their most pressing sustainability challenges. The SDG lab is a collaboration of sustainability and green-economy professionals. SDG Lab takes you far beyond the starting blocks and helps put you on the value creation journey. It’s about discovering what matters to your stakeholders, your business and designing the way forward.
Jaisheila obtained a PhD in Chemistry from the University of Cape Town. From the beginning, she has leveraged her research and innovation capabilities to develop practical, industry relevant solutions. She has a career spanning nearly two decades in large corporates in the automotive, chemicals and construction industries. She has worked in several countries including South Africa, Germany and Hong Kong.
• Gender Mainstreaming Awards Positive Role Model 2020: Dr. Jaisheila Rajput (Western Cape)
• Climate Change category for the Enviropaedia and Eco-Logic Awards 2019.
• Green Economy Enviropaedia and Eco-Logic Awards 2018, in recognition for work on Developing the Biomass Value Chain from harvested alien vegetation.
• Business Women’s Association Regional Business Achiever Award finalist 2017.
• Inspiring Fifty South Africa nominee recognising Women in Tech playing a leading role 2017.
• Green economy flagship organisation 2015. Recognised by 110% Green, a Western Cape South African Government initiative.