Troy GovenderSustainability and Environmental Scientist at Independent
- A consultant as an Independent Sustainability and Environmental Scientist since April 2020. Currently working on a number of projects, incl. two national environment-related projects:
- Worked for Eskom (SA’s electricity utility) for approx. 30 years, as Environmental Manager for the Distribution Division.
- Part-time lecturer for the undergrad and post grad Environmental Engineering course at the University of KwaZulu-Natal since 1999 to date.
- Council member of South African Council for Natural Scientific Professions (SACNASP); Chair of Professional Conduct Committee and the Environmental Science Professional Advisory Committee of SACNASP
- Council member of the South African National Forests Advisory Council (NFAC) and the Committee for Sustainable Forest Management for the NFAC.
- Special external Advisor to the Division of Communication and Public Information for the United Nations Environment Progamme (UNEP) from 1999 to 2010
- Short-term consultant for the World Bank on climate change related projects in SE Asia (2008 – 2011)
1. Phd (Environmental Science) with a focus on Climate Change issues in industry
2. Masters Degree in Environmental Management with a focus on sustainable development
3. Bachelor of Technology Degree in Public Relations Management and Communication
4. Bachelor of Science Degree in natural science
5. Graduate Programme in Utility Management
6. Professionally registered Environmental Scientist
7. Professionally registered Chartered Public Relations Practitioner
8. Accredited Content Master Trainer: Environment