Late-Breaking Additions: DevOps, Containers and more!
New sponsors, speakers and sessions added to SDxE’s lineup.
By Tami Carter
Are you joining us in Austin in 4 weeks for SDxE, Texas Barbecue and Bourbon? Well, we’ve just added a slew of new sessions and speakers that might just compete with all that Austin has to offer.
We’re thrilled to announce that Microsoft will be our DevOps Lounge sponsor on the Expo floor! Don’t miss out on a chance to relax and discuss DevOps on the Expo Floor as we host roundtable sessions and informal discussion on DevOps in the lounge. On the schedule is a new roundtable, “Why DevOps Works Better in the Cloud” moderated by TechTarget’s Nick Martin. The session will repeat on Tuesday, Sept. 26 at 5:00 PM and again on Wednesday, Sept. 27 at 3:00 PM.
Also on deck, a lightning talk on the main stage from Asheville, NC, CIO Jonathan Feldman on how to run a DevOps business without calling it DevOps (Wednesday, Sept 27).
And there's more! Join Microsoft's Ashley McNamara, SolarWinds' Lee Calcote, GoTransverse's Erik Cummings and Drillinginfo's Marisa Sawatphadungkij for a deep dive panel "Want the Biggest Bang for Your DevOps Buck? Think Balance." on Sept. 26 at 8:30 AM.
Taking a Strategic View
On the main stage, we've added a few new keynotes and lightning talks over that past few months, from leading companies at the forefront of digital transformation.
New additions to the keynote lineup include:
- Google’s Paul Strong who will be presenting a keynote on “Digital Transformation -- Definitely Not Business As Usual.”
- Also, on the main stage, Austin Technology Council’s CEO Barbary Brunner will be presenting on “Gender Diversity and Its Critical Role in Engineering High Customer Satisfaction Outcomes."
- SolarWinds CIO Rani Johnson will be keynoting on Wednesday, Sept. 27 on how enterprise IT drives digital transformation.
- Red Hat's Steve Watt will present on the future of Software-Defined Storage.
- ADP's Jim Ford will present a keynote, entitle Software-Defined Chaos on Sept. 27, as well.
- Comcast Business's Jeff Lewis will present a lightning talk on "SDN: The Next Generational Moment".
Kubernetes / Containers Fan?
SDxE Advisory Board member Lisa-Marie Namphy will be moderating a panel on Kubernetes and Your Open Infrastructure. Panelist include Chris Aniszczyk, Executive Director of the Open Container Initiative; Robert Starmer, Founding partner, Kumulus Technologies; and Skytap VP of Product Tim Lebel.
Chris Aniszczyk will also be presenting a lightning talk on “Becoming Cloud Native: Taking It One Container at a Time.”
Container Security also gets a panel, with ZDNet’s Jason Perlow moderating “Panel: Do It Like a Hyperscaler: Engineering Containers for Security and Hostile Multitenancy.” Panelists include RackN’s Founder and CEO Rob Hirschfeld and Twistlock’s Matthew Barker.