Hello Smart Cities Summit Speakers! We're Here to Guide You!
This page has information on speaker logistics, networking opportunities and general speaker information.
We are delighted to welcome you to Smart Cities Summit 2019! This page includes all the information you should need to prepare for the event. If you have any questions, contact Lauriel Wright, Operations Coordinator P: +1 480-281-6059 E: email@example.com. Please ensure you read each section carefully and meet the required deadlines. We look forward to working with you in making this a successful event!
Please check that your biography and photo are uploaded correctly on the "Our Speakers Page".
If your profile is missing from the "Our Speakers" page or needs to be updated, please send the information below to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP:
- Short biography (around 100-words and not a CV) - for inclusion on the website and so that the Chair can introduce you correctly
- Headshot color photo: digital format saved as a JPEG, PNG or GIF file
- Twitter Handle (So we can promote your presence)
- LinkedIn (So we can promote your presence)
- As a Speaker, please arrive at least 20 minutes in advance of your session.
- Please check your session(s) on the latest agenda here. If you have any questions regarding the agenda please contact email@example.com
- The room will be equipped with a laptop, data projector, screen, slide advancer and microphone (LAV). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any other equipment.
- If presenting a video, we highly recommend it be embedded in the presentation, as well as saved as a separate file. Please check with the onsite technician to ensure that the video plays correctly prior to your session.
- Your contacts get a 25% discount to attend the event using your speaker VIP discount code: SPEAKER25. See below for more info.
PRESENTATIONS ARE DUE MONDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2019
- Presentations should be submitted to email@example.com in English
- Presentations in PowerPoint format are preferred with a minimum font size of 24 so that text is easily legible
- 16:9 widescreen format
- If you would prefer your presentation not to be made available to delegates on the conference website/event app, please select the "no" in the Speaker Information form.
- Please bring an updated version of your presentation on a USB drive to the event, just in case!
- If you wish to present from your personal computer, this must be arranged with Lauriel Wright (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the event.
- Presentations should not be used as ‘product pitches’ or opportunities to sell a solution and/or service.
PANELIST/CHAIR & MODERATOR INFORMATION
As a Panelist
- Presentations are not needed. A holding slide will be provided for your session.
- The producer managing your track will provide all introductions to fellow panelists including the chair or moderator. Please look out for these around 4 weeks prior to the conference.
- Timings, session details, instructions and guidance for these discussions will be shared via email. If you have any questions prior, please feel free to contact your producer directly.
As a Chair or Moderator
- Chair packets will be sent to you via email prior to the event.
- Included in this packet will be:
- Venue Health and Safety information
- Biographies of the moderator in your specific conference streams (the moderator will be responsible for introducing panel members)
- If you need an additional printed copy of your packet, one can be picked up at Registration
VENUE & ACCOMMODATION
Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
165 Courtland St NE, Atlanta, GA 30303
When and where do I pick up my badge:
- You have been registered for the show and can pick up your badge at the Registration Counter.
- Registration Opening Times:
- October 30: 1 - 5 p.m.
- October 31: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- November 1: 7:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
How early should I arrival for my session:
- Please arrive to your assigned session(s) at least 20-30 minutes before your session start time. This will allow time for the AV tech to get you mic’d up. Keep in mind there may be another session still going on.
Will presentation be available after the show:
- Yes. Depending on the badge type, attendees will get access to the presentation in a PDF form. If you selected “no” on the “can we share slides” on your speaker badge and registration form then they will not be shared.
Who will be my onsite contact:
- Depending on what is needed you can contact for any speaker management needs.
- Lauriel Wright, email@example.com (cell phone will be provided closer to the event)
Don't Forget to Book Your Hotel Room
Special hotel rate available through the link below until October 7th!
As a speaker, your contacts can benefit from a 25% discount on Smart Cities Summit conference passes!
Pass on the VIP discount code SPEAKER25 to your network and help them benefit from your involvement as a speaker at Smart Cities Summit.
The discount code can be inserted upon booking by clicking on the "Have a VIP Code" button in your basket.