Panel: How are operators effectively preparing for 5G on their networks? How will NFV and SDN enable this?
- The opportunities for edge computing? Use cases enabled by MEC and 5G? New services and new revenue opportunities and how these edge applications play into this
- Hard prerequisite for 5G – proper orchestration or cloud management platform must be in place, edge computing and work load
- What is the business case for 5G? Fixed 5G – how has this business case played out?
- Will there be a market for network slicing?
- Enabling technologies – what are some of the fundamental technologies?
- Integration with OPNFV
- Importance of ecosystems in reducing risk for service providers rolling out NFV based services?
Charlie Ashton -
Director of Business Development ,
Shakil Ahmed -
Lead Telco & Infrastructure Architect Telenor Digital,
Khalid Mokhtar -
LTE and 4G Program Management and Senior Team Leader ,
Etisalat & IEEE Egypt Section
Alberto Diez -