October 23, 2018
Georgia World Congress Center,
A Breakfast Workshop
Co-located with SCTE/ISBE Cable-Tec Expo
See you next year!
Join us in 2018!
Despite a relatively late start, cable is now staking out its own turf in the software-defined networking (SDN) and network functions virtualization (NFV) space, even leading the way in such aspects as the virtualization of access networks. Now that CableLabs has identified three new components of next-gen cable networks – service orchestrator, NFV orchestrator and master SDN controller – engineers are developing the interfaces and standards to make cable virtual network functions (VNFs) a reality. But much more work remains to be done to bring virtualized functions and services to market. This breakfast forum will assess the market's current state, explore cable's pioneering virtualization efforts, examine the early trials and pilots and look at what comes next.
Key reasons to attend
- Find out the latest options for virtualizing the cable architecture
- See where North American cable operators stand with SDN/NFV trials and pilots
- Learn the early lessons from those virtualization trials and pilots
- Explore the business use cases for offering virtualized services
- Examine the technical, operational, financial and other challenges that cable operators must overcome to succeed
- Discuss the next steps that cable must take to make virtualization a reality