Wednesday, October 18, 2017
Colorado Convention Center,
A Breakfast Workshop
Co-located with SCTE/ISBE Cable-Tec Expo
Software-defined networking (SDN) and network functions virtualization (NFV) are gaining traction as cable operators pursue innovative ways to meet growing bandwidth demands, boost service delivery and performance, slash operating costs and bring new products, services and features to market faster than ever before.
Yet many cable providers are still not sure how, where and when to implement such virtualized solutions in their networks.
In this special SCTE/ISBE breakfast roundtable session, SCTE/ISBE, MSO and vendor technologists will discuss the industry's early trials and pilot programs with SDN and NFV, the business use cases they're exploring, the results they're seeing so far and the challenges they must still overcome to make virtualization a reality.
Why You Should Attend
- Find out the latest options for virtualizing the cable architecture
- See where North American cable operators stand with SDN/NFV trials and pilots
- Learn the early lessons from those virtualization trials and pilots
- Explore the business use cases for offering virtualized services
- Examine the technical, operational, financial and other challenges that cable operators must overcome to succeed
- Discuss the next steps that cable must take to make virtualization a reality