Satellite Industry Micro-MBA
16-17 September 2019
Delivered by GVF Training & Telecoms & Tech Academy
Complete with practical exercises and real-life scenarios, this course will provide delegates a critical understanding on the key competency areas required for success within the satellite industry and enable them to make more informed and commercially viable strategic decisions. The business simulation is the vehicle through which we maximise the competency development and ensure ideas on strategic implementation can be tested and appraised.
Pre-Course Online Modules
GVF 500: Introduction to Satellite Communications
Students should complete the online course prior to attending the Micro MBA session. The online course will be reviewed and there will be an opportunity for joint discussion and questions.
- Business Environment & Industry Outlook
- Review of GVF 500
- Global Regulatory Issues
- Case Study: Building the Business Plan
- Case Study: Preparation
- Global Financial Issues
- New Technology Drivers: Launchers, Antennas, HTS, LEO, Smallsat
- Change management, digital leadership, marketing & customer Experience
- Case Study: Preparation
- Shark Tank Presentations
- Award Ceremony & Wrap Up
Why attend the 2-day Satellite Micro-MBA:
- Understand the relationship between technical viability of a satellite network and its profitability to evaluate and build competitive businesses
- Develops clarity and unity throughout the organisation - and allows much better alignment of KPIs, performance and focus with overall strategy
- Develop new business models and identify areas for future competitive advantage
- Develop the knowledge to impact strategic debate and contribute actively to technology, financial, management and marketing decisions
- Discuss with confidence the emerging dynamics of the satellite market and wider technology ecosystem
- Be a driver for industry best-practice in your organisation
The Satellite Mirco-MBA has been developed and delivered by:
Telecoms & Tech Academy
Telecoms & Tech Academy is the leading training partner to the TMT industry, having trained more than 30,000 professionals and 500 businesses globally. We were borne out of the telecoms industry and understand the challenges the sector has been facing. Our training portfolio continues to evolve to help address new and emerging skills gaps telecoms & tech businesses are facing.
GVF training courses and certifications are the established global standard for satellite communications skills, covering operation, installation and maintenance of VSAT, marine, and mobile/SNG satellite terminals, in addition to general and specialized satcom theory. Students learn, practice, and are evaluated on their knowledge and skills with online, self-paced, interactive, simulatordriven training modules developed by SatProf, Inc.