Guiding principles for membership
World Broadband Association Mission Statement
The mission of the WBBA is to unify broadband industry stakeholders to address and drive forward shared goals of maximizing the social and economic benefits of equality of broadband for all globally.
WBBA Member Independence Principals
- The WBBA is independently led by Informa Tech
- All members are considered equal and are encouraged to contribute to agenda content, custom research-creation and the overall direction of the WBBA
- All membership contact data will be kept confidential and no contact details will be shared publicly or with other members without the explicit written consent of that member.
- No public reference to specific member organizations will be made in WBBA collateral without the explicit written consent of the member organization.
- Members are not contractually obliged to renew membership in 2022 and are free to cancel membership at any time if required.
WBBA Commercial Principals
- The WBBA is financed via sponsorship by vendor partners within the industry, and all future partners have the opportunity to become sponsors.
- There are no dues or fees for non-vendor WBBA membership. Although the opportunity for partners to become sponsors will be available and future membership models (post year 1) will be agreed by the WBBA Advisory Board.
- There are no obligations for members to meet with, endorse, or share contact details with WBBA sponsors.
- All WBBA members will have equal representation and voting rights regarding the content focus and methodology underpinning the WBBA program.
WBBA Membership Requirements
- WBBA members will be required to nominate an executive representative to the association steering committee and to be listed publicly as members on the WBBA Website and relevant marketing collateral.
- WBBA representatives will be asked to participate in steering committee meetings every second month and to help direct the content focus of fresh industry research, custom content creation and agenda content for events.
- Members will be encouraged to contribute content and speakers to WBBA programs where relevant.
WBBA Membership Benefits
- Members will contribute to the shaping of the digital broadband industry by networking and collaborating with a cross-sector group of ecosystem leaders representing Telco’s, industry verticals, policymakers, OTTs, Investors and vendors.
- Members will be invited to not only participate in but to help shape the focus of, fresh industry research, custom content creation and a variety of industry events throughout the year.
- Members will benefit from early access to research findings, white papers and ongoing custom content generated by the WBBA.