7-11 November 2022
AfricaCom Digital Symposium 2020
Catch up on the 2020 AfricaCom Digital Symposium. Hear from analysts and top industry insiders and get the telecoms and enterprise market forecasts.
AfricaCom, the continent’s largest tech event, and Connecting Africa, the media brand dedicated to Africa’s digital transformation, are partnering to bring you a series of online events that will look at the key trends driving the continent’s tech and innovation ecosystems.
African Telecoms Outlook 2020
This year did not begin the way most people expected it to, so what does the future of the telecoms sector look like in Africa in 2020? In this Connecting Africa online event, local analysts and industry stakeholders will discuss what African operators’ priorities for the year should be and the most significant market trends expected to dominate in 2020.
- Will MNOs focus on sweating their current assets rather than investing in new technologies like 5G?
- What impact will COVID-19 have on the continent’s networks?
- What are the hot market trends in Africa when it comes to voice, data and mobile financial services?
- Diversification strategies: entering adjacent markets; MVNO sub-brands; cost consolidation
- How are companies unlocking rural connectivity as a growth driver?
Mobile Money 2.0: the Bright Future of Mobile Financial Service Innovation
Africa was the birthplace of Mobile Money and while it continues to rise in popularity, the industry is quickly evolving and launching more mobile-based financial services every day. In this Connecting Africa online event, local analysts and industry stakeholders will discuss how telcos are disrupting the financial services space and what the rise of Mobile Money 2.0 will look like for Africa.
- From cash to mobile: heading towards a cashless society
- Expanding MFS offerings beyond mobile money transfers
- MNOs vs banks vs fintechs: an evolving competitive landscape
- Unconnected and unbanked: fintech to improve financial inclusion
- The rise of micro-loans and insurance through mobile platforms
Connecting the Next Billion: Strategies for Getting Africa On-Grid
Africa has the fastest growing population in the world and also the youngest, with 60% of Africans under the age of 25. It is clear that the next billion connected are going to be the mobile-only generation. This digital symposium will bring industry experts together to discuss Africa’s digital divide and how to get devices into the hands of young Africans and empower them to join the digital revolution.
- Who’s Driving? The role of government & regulator, private tech companies, and public-private partnerships
- Device affordability: are we reaching a tipping point?
- Status check: Satellite vs Fiber and the enduring infrastructure gap
- Exploring the wider societal and economic benefits of a connected, digitally literate continent