Here are your event highlights!
Day 1 Highlights included:
- Ministerial Panel - an open access panel led by a selection of African Ministers. Discussions centered around Africa's 4IR response and key interventions on skills development, and will be hosted by the Hon. Stella Ndabeni-Abrahams, Minister of Communications, Republic of South Africa.
- Women in Tech Centre Stage Takeover - made up of panels, presentations and discussions from tech superstars, this session looked at issues of diversity, inclusivity and the essential role women are playing in Africa's growth through technology.
- The AfricaTech Opening Party - which took place at the AfricaTech Centre Stage Bar, with drinks, networking and music from DJs in Tech!
We welcomed thousands of attendees to the Shimmy Beach Club for our official networking party - The AFest! Guests enjoyed relaxed networking and danced to acts including Early B, Mafikizolo and DJ Zinhle.
Day 2 highlights included:
- Former Springbok Bryan Habana joined Africa Melane on the AfricaTech Centre Stage for a live Q&A. Bryan and Africa discussed how technology is impacting sport, the importance of leading from the front, and how he felt watching South Africa win the 2019 World Cup!
- Isabel dos Santos, Chair at Unitel, delivered a presentation on 'Translating digital transformation into economic growth and prosperity
- Future of Work - a series of panels on closing the skills gap, maximising the potential of Africa's people, and creating a culture of lifelong learning
The AfricaCom Awards
The 12th Annual AfricaCom Awards celebrated the achievements of the best companies, solutions, products and personalities improving connectivity and driving Africa towards the Fourth Industrial Revolution!
Day 3 Highlights included:
- A Headliner Panel on 'Skills development for the job market of the future' with panelists from Connecting Earth, Western Cape Government, The Web Foundation and the Harambee Youth Employment Accelerator
- A Mobile e-sports contest on the Connectivity Stage, where delegates played against each other
- Happy Hour - attendees met in the AfricaTech Centre Stage Bar for the last of our Happy Hour networking sessions