Visions for Africa
Accelerating digital transformation for a better connected Africa
What to expect
Three heavyweight themes to ignite debate across three action-packed days: tackling barriers to connectivity to accelerate internet access and adoption in Africa, exploring new opportunities in Africa’s rapidly evolving digital landscape, and rethinking the blueprint of a successful mobile network operator in Africa. Highlights include:
C-level insights from Telkom, Vodacom, Unitel, Safaricom and MTC Namibia on new opportunities for operators in Africa’s rapidly converging telecoms, media and technology industries. Hot topics include: big data, IoT, digital advertising, m-health and Africa’s emerging sharing economy.
Top level strategic guidance from Orange and MTN on thriving as a digital telco in Africa. Rethink the blueprint of a successful mobile operator and consider what organisational traits the companies that dominate the African telco space in the next decade will have in common.
Airtel, Telkom and Atlantique Telecom heads of regulatory affairs unite to explore new opportunities for partnerships between telcos and OTTs and discuss how regulators and policymakers are responding to the Telco OTT debate.
Meet the speakers
What else is on the agenda for 2016?
- What can policymakers and regulators do to accelerate the spread of internet connectivity in Sub-Saharan Africa?
- Developing national and international broadband infrastructure
- Making connecting remote areas more technically feasible and commercially viable
- Monetise the value of Big Data assets
- Aligning telco operating models with new commercial realities
- Shifting from hardware to software: virtualising telco infrastructure