Physical Event: 18-20 October 2022, RAI, Amsterdam
The Connected Home Summit 2020
For BBWF's 20th Anniversary, we are launching the Connected Home Summit; a co-located event designed to support the needs of our ecosystem via home access and gateway technologies, next-gen connectivity such as Wifi 6, device capabilities and partnership strategies for the best consumer offering.
Inline with delegate demand, for BBWF’s 20th Anniversary, the Connected Life track has now expanded to a full 2 days of content and networking, further complemented by the Broadband Forum’s half day Connected Home BASe workshop and the Broadband Consumer Stage.
Home working is not new in 2020, but this year’s pandemic has turned a growing trend into a social experiment of global proportions. This has put unprecedented strain on operators to provide all their services, consumer and enterprise, to a truly captive audience. The Connected Home Summit at Broadband World Forum will not only lay out how the industry is shaping the Connected Home; but how this year’s unprecedented challenges are shaping where and how the industry provides its increasingly vital services.
This is in partnership with renowned Industry and thought leaders, including Informa Tech’s research brand Omdia.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
ARE YOU A BROADBAND OPERATOR?
- Book a pass to the Summit to network and learn from leading operators, suppliers, and ecosystem partners on key strategies to deliver on your next suite of home services
- Discover solutions to your home network challenges and reduce churn, build new services and increase your quality of service
- Showcase your success and innovations either in the Operator Demo Zone, on one of the speaking stages or year-round through digital content
ARE YOU A NETWORK SUPPLIER?
- 76% of the BBWF operator audience are directly invested in improving the connected home experience - deepen existing relationships and build new ones
- 93% of operators are already planning their next 6-12 months of investment - lead the conversation with them and advise them on how to adapt to both growing home network demands and periods of unprecedented strain
- Engage with the full ecosystem, form new partnerships and ensure your products are applicable to the increasingly varied smart home landscape
ARE YOU A DEVICE MAKER OR OTT?
- Shape the conversation at the Connected Home Summit and through the Consumer Stage to ensure today's connectivity providers will deliver the right connectivity for your future services
- Find new partners and service champions through our dedicated networking events, digital content releases and our digital partners
- Understand how home connectivity providers are developing new service models to connect growing numbers of home IoT and digital services to the connected consumer, and you can be positioned to grow from this
FOCUS FOR CONNECTED HOME SUMMIT 2020:
HOME CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
Managing the home customer experience is both more difficult and more crucial than ever for operators as they deal with unprecedented pressures on home networks from global lockdown measures and continue to plan for new, integrated services in their home offering.
What devices do operators need to own in the home? Do routers need smart speakers, set top boxes need wi-fi boosters, is a smart speaker and AI assistant now an essential partnership for operators to provide?
GROWING TELCO SERVICES
Operators now need to deliver the next suite of varied services, not just the next ‘play’. These can be fairly universal, like a better gaming experience, and more specific, such as targeted information services for rural areas. In every case they must be equipped to deliver better customer experience, even where customers are low ARPU, or risk low ROI and increased churn.
THE TELCO USER INTERFACE
As Operators prepare for more home IoT devices, integrate additional OTT and digital services, and develop a more complex offering, an intuitive user interface where customers manage their home can no longer be an afterthought. This is a space perfect for partnership, and an area where operators can learn a lot from leading OTTs and digital service providers who have been honing their interfaces for years.
As digital services within homes increases, so do the threats to the Connected Home, with security now a ‘must have’ rather than a ‘nice-to-have’. Consumers are waking up to this, demanding, and expecting more from their connectivity providers, fast making what has previously been a value add, an essential add service.
As more and more IoT devices become integrated into the home, from smart doorbells to smart dumbbells, connected washing machines to connected dish washers, telcos and device makers must work together more to manage these often non-standard devices connectivity demands from the network.
WHAT'S ON AT THE CONNECTED HOME SUMMIT?
- The Connected Home Summit runs across 3 full days, alongside our open Consumer Stage. There’s more content than ever for those looking to get up-to-date on the new technology and service trends for the connected home and the smart consumer
- On Day 1 the Connected Home Summit will tackle how operators can provide a better service through gateway and wi-fi management, visibility and security, and how to cope with ever more devices being added to the network
- On Day 2 the focus is on the Telco’s core value proposition, how they can build on this to deliver differentiated services, and empower their customers to enhance their own UX
- On Day 3 we will run a series of roundtable discussions for stakeholders in the connected home to come together to discuss business challenges, market trends and opportunities for the future
- Join thought leading operators for networking at dedicated virtual roundtable discussions. An opportunity to discuss your business challenges and network with your peers
- Lead the discussion in OTT and Device Maker takeovers on the Consumer Stage and debate with the industry on the best way to integrate and provide the home with the next series of IoT and digital services
- With so many people in lockdown around the world it is even more important than ever to keep connected through your vital home broadband connection, so this year we are growing our community news hub
- Got a case study for an impending launch, or a story on how you have adapted your services and operations to support your customers in their hour of need? We want to hear about it and share it with BBWF’s growing digital community!
- Watch the Connected Home webinar on demand where the CTIO from Orange and Omdia explore the connected home in a crisis, and the increasing need to focus on delivering a better consumer experience - watch now
ATTEND THE SUMMIT
Purchase a Platinum Delegate Pass to gain access to the Connected Home Summit.
Your pass will also grant access to...
- 3 Days of Keynotes
- Workshops delivered by industry partners; Broadband Forum and ONF
- NEW FOR 2020: A peer-reviewed content track
- 4 content tracks:
- NEW FOR 2020: The Connected Home Summit
- Digital society
- Customer delivery
- Intelligent connectivity
- Virtual Exhibition access, featuring 100+ stands
- Broadband Library
- On demand 3 month access to the resource hub, presentations and virtual exhibition
- Connected Home Zone
- Analyst briefings
- Daily happy hour
- Speaker networking sessions
Physical Event: 18-20 October 2022, RAI, Amsterdam