10 - 11 November 2020
WELCOME TO E-SIM CONNECT 2020
YOUR VIRTUAL SESSION
In order to guide you through the virtual event process, we have put together these instructions on how live and pre-recording sessions will be curated for the event.
The below requirements will apply for all sessions
- Make sure the camera is 16x9 (landscape)
- Do not have a bright light behind the presenter
- Mount the camera to ensure a steady video
- Ensure you are positioned in a soft room with no background noise and limited objects
- Be as close to the microphone as possible
- Leave some silence at the beginning and end of the recording for editing and transitions
- If you have access to an ethernet cable for a stronger connection, please ensure you use this
- Please disconnect from any VPNs you may be using or shut down other programmes you have open prior to connecting to the Zoom link for a more stable connection
- Test your connection speed, browser and operating system version, microphone and webcam HERE
PRE-RECORDED PANEL DISCUSSIONS OR INTERVIEWS
Panel discussions will be pre-recorded.
You will receive a zoom/teams link within a calendar invitation once the time slot has been agreed.
The pre-recording calls are primarily for recording purposes only. Please come prepared and follow the technical requirements above. You will have the opportunity to ask your fellow panellists or moderator any questions before the recording begins. Where possible, we will also arrange a content briefing with the content lead in advance.
Please note all pre-recorded panel discussions or interviews need to be completed by Monday 26th October.
Due to COVID19, we are all fairly new to the world of virtual events, with this in mind we are helping you through the process of pre-recording your presentation. Below includes some guidance on how to use zoom/Microsoft teams/PowerPoint to record your session from home.
Please note that should you choose to record at home this will be the final file that is uploaded into the platform. We will not be able to make any changes to files sent so please ensure they are good quality and you adhere to our technical requirements.
A NOTE TO ALL: A kind reminder that all pre-recording sessions will need to be completed and submitted no later than
Individual Presentations - Monday 26th October
E-SIM Connect is powered by Swapcard.
The platform will be launched and available to all on 3rd November 2020 to ensure you have enough time to complete your profiles and familiarise yourself with the platform. Our team will be on hand throughout the whole process to ensure you get the best experience possible!
LOGGING IN TO SWAPCARD
Please follow instructions on the link HERE on how to sign up or log in to your profile.
We have loaded your details, along with your photo and biography, into the platform. If you have not yet sent these through, please send them through before 30th November 2020.
Alternatively, you can log in on the platform and manually add your photo and bio.
NETWORKING & MEETINGS
In order to make the most out of the event, we hope you will utilise the networking tools before and after your session.
You will be able to:
- Request Meetings
- Schedule Virtual Meetings
- Make New Connections
10 - 11 November 2020