GLOTEL Awards Entry Guidelines
Who can enter
The Global Telecoms Awards (GLOTEL Awards) are open to any company operating in the telecoms industry worldwide. This can include service providers, operators, any vendor or solutions provider, consultancies and everything in between.
PR agencies may get in touch with their clients and encourage them to enter the awards in any of the categories or put in an entry on their behalf.
More than one category may be entered for the same project/service/team.
A full list of this year's categories along with descriptions can be found here.
Friday 21st June 2019
Submitting an entry
- All entries must be written in English and submitted via our online form.
- All entries should be no longer than 500 words
- Supporting materials may be supplied, but your main entry of 500 words should include all information you deem necessary for your awards entry
- The chairperson of the judging panel reserves the right to cast any deciding vote should the need arise. The verdict of the judging panel is final.
- Entering the awards requires a payment (where applicable), this payment is for nomination and is due regardless of whether the project makes to the shortlist or not.
What Information to Submit
First and foremost, winning entries will be exceptional in their success. Innovative solutions to problems being faced in the industry are favoured, and presenting tangible evidence of how the solution yielded financial gain is even better.
Specific case studies and instances of client success is a great way of presenting a successful solution. All of our award winners, historically, have raised the bar and helped shape the future direction of the industry.
So what are these judges looking for? The perfect entry will include as much of the following information as possible.
- Dates of the overall project. All entries should be for the period of the last two years.
- The unique points of the project. What makes it different?
- The rationale for the project. Why was it undertaken, what were the reasons, drivers, pain points you needed to address?
- Results and performance metrics. What were the results? What benefits did the project bring and how were they measured?
- Project management; team size and mix; collaboration. How many people took part? What teams were involved? How were the responsibilities and tasks shared? How was the project managed and successful teamwork encouraged?
- Financial impact; return on investment (if applicable).
- Any other information, statistics, facts, and figures etc that you think will help us understand the project better!
We reserve the right to publish brief details of all shortlisted entries. This is an up to 100 words “entry synopsis” that is included on all entry forms.
All other information provided in the entry is treated in the strictest confidence.
The Judging Process
All qualifying entries are examined, discussed and voted on by the Global Telecoms Awards judges.
To ensure the process is completely unbiased and objective, judges are not allowed to comment on or vote for, entries from their own institutions.
The shortlist will be published in September 2019.
The Global Telecoms Awards 2019 will culminate in a fabulous gala black-tie dinner and the awards ceremony on 07 November 2019 at the 5-star Montcalm Marble Arch Hotel in London.
All shortlisted companies are expected to purchase tickets to attend the awards ceremony to potentially collect their Award.
Winners will receive a trophy and certificate presented at the Gala Dinner.
Booking a table
We hope you would like to take part in the celebrations in 2019! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Sponsors and partners
We are calling on the industry participants to become a sponsor or partner with us for the awards. Click here for more details.
Entry Fee and Payment
Each entry costs £299 (+20% UK VAT where applicable). This cost is £299 for each entry, per category. This payment is for nomination and is due regardless whether the project makes to the shortlist or not. After submitting your nomination, you will receive an invoice from our accounts team. You can pay by bank transfer or credit card via the invoice provided.