The pre-event Masterclass & Site Visit
Tuesday 11th June
Join us for an exclusive masterclass on 'how to do business with the British Police', the LTE for Mission Critical Networks course, and a site visit to the Metropolitan Police control room.
How to do business with the British Police masterclass
The facilitators, John Jones & Nick Gargan, will be leading you through the masterclass...
1:30pm - An introduction to the police market
- Structure of the police service
- Police Finance 2010 to date
- Policing Vision 2025
- Emerging digital, data and technology strategy
- How the police service buys technology
- The role of The Police ICT Company
- The voice of the front line: what officers need
2:15pm - Putting the deal together
- How better insight and early engagement produces better results
- Articulating the proposition in a way that resonates with the market
- The “5 Essentials” for strategic sales success.
- Storyboarding – answering the full question to aid the evaluation
- Building relationships for success
3:15pm - Networking break
A chance to catch up with everyone on the masterclass, and take in everything you have learnt.
3:30pm - What we've learnt...
Both masterclass facilitators will share personal reflections on a combined 5 decades of experience of buying and selling into the policing and wider public sector. What are the key lessons learned, the most common mistakes and the recurring secrets of success?
4pm - Individual 10-minute face-to-face brief
In random order – drawn by lots – delegates will be invited to present their propositions, their frustrations, questions or other requests to the facilitators (max 5 minutes), followed by 5 minutes of personalised, private feedback.