26-27 April 2023
i14y Lab site visit (space limited) on 25 April,
Hotel Palace Berlin
What do operators lack to start ORAN approach and what could be discovered from trailblazers’ experience?
Open RAN market is expected to cross $32 Billion by 2030 with a growth rate of 42% for a forecast period between 2022 and 2030.
TOP-LINE MARKET FORECAST & TRENDS
42% forecasted growth rate
- Open RAN market is expected to cross $32 Billion by 2030 with a growth rate of 42% for a forecast period between 2022 and 2030.
- Within Open RAN radio unit (RU), small cells and macro cells are likely to contribute $7.5B and $2.4B TAM by 2030 respectively. It is going to be a huge growth of 46% from the current market size of $327M for such cells in the Open RAN market.
Backed by the UK and US governments
- Government bodies are supporting Open RAN: DCMS with £51 million to back projects for trials of open RAN to boost deployments setting a target of 35% of the nation’s mobile network traffic is carried over open RAN by 2030.
- DoD commercialising Open RAN in the USA by supporting the adoption of open interfaces, interoperable components, and multi-vendor solutions.
Growth through markets in Europe
Following the MoU between five major European CSPs (Deutsche Telekom, Orange, Telefónica, TIM, and Vodafone) in early 2021, both Telefónica and Vodafone announced pledges to deploy open RAN at scale.
- Vodafone said it will use open RAN in 30% of its masts in Europe by 2030 and it has launched its first open vRAN site in the UK in early 2022.
- Telefónica announced a target of reaching 50% radio network growth based on open RAN by 2025, which Omdia interprets as 50% of new radios deployed to be O-RAN compliant.
- Both Deutsche Telekom and TIM launched small-scale trials of 25 and 10 sites, respectively, in their respective markets.
Proving the economic case of ORAN & addressing early deployment challenges
Open RAN is set for a bright future. Attracting attendees from across the RAN ecosystem, including service providers, enterprises, the public sector, vendors, industry associations and academia, Open RAN World is your ideal resource to ensure you're ahead of the curve by hearing from and meeting with the organisations and minds steering the course.
Taking place in Berlin from 26 - 27 April, Open RAN World 2023 will examine the most exciting Open RAN initiatives and deployments underway across the world and cover the key topics below:
RAN Intelligent Controllers: Near-RT RIC vs Non-RT RIC
System Integration Capabilities
Open RAN Performance & Interoperability Testing
Cloud Infrastructure and Operations for Open RAN
How SMO will Enhance Innovation and Efficiency as the RAN Evolves
Cost Benefits of Open RAN
Hear from O-RAN pioneers
Host Operator Partner - Deutsche Telekom
As a pioneer of the open RAN movement and founding member of the O-RAN Alliance, Deutsche Telekom advocates the open RAN approach to build more open, flexible and intelligent radio access networks. Open RAN is now a critical component of the company’s long-term network innovation strategy to introduce vendor diversity, speed up the rate of innovation and by focusing on software operations to achieve higher levels of automation.
Technology Partner - i14y Lab
The i14y Lab is an open lab for interoperability testing of disaggregated telco systems, such as Open RAN. The lab is operated by a consortium of strong academic and industry partners led by Deutsche Telekom and supported with funding from the German Ministry of Digital and Transport (BMDV).
i14y Lab provides infrastructure for integration tests with the aim to certify market readiness and accelerate time to market for multi-vendor disaggregated telco solutions. By creating and providing a vendor independent environment, i14y Lab promotes the development of an innovative, open, and interoperable telco ecosystem.
Open RAN World will ensure that you not only learn but leave feeling inspired, having made valuable connections, and discovered new partners, technologies, and strategies for your business.
Expert presentations and discussions
2 comprehensive days covering Open RAN from all angles: the deployment roadmap to complimentary technologies, from scaling Open RAN to standardisation.
Exclusive site visit to i14y Lab*
i14y Lab provides infrastructure for integration tests with the aim to certify market readiness and accelerate time to market for multi-vendor disaggregated telco solutions.
*Spaces are strictly limited and allocated to event participants only on a first-come first-serve basis.
With formal networking including a 1-to-1 meeting service, and informal networking opportunities in the networking breaks and at the Open RAN World drinks reception, don’t miss the opportunity to make new connections.
Open RAN demos
Co-located with 6G Summit
Will Open RAN become mainstream in 6G?
Full access to the co-located 6G Summit (26 April) comes with your Open RAN event pass. Don't miss the opportunity to connect with international 6G thought leaders and hear from telcos on their vision for 6G technology and applications!
The Open RAN World VIP Team are here to help clients in setting up introductions and meetings with their target list.
Meet the first confirmed speakers!
What did they say?
Don't just take our word for it, hear what past attendees had to say about the event!
“We need more events like this for like-minded people to share what we’ve done and exchange ideas.”
Network Data Scientist, Google Fiber
“Really well-balanced in terms of operators, vendors ISVs – the whole ecosystem.”
Principal Solutions Architect, Vodafone
“It’s necessary, innovative and useful for the customers.”
Director General, ETNO