Sustainability at 6G Summit
We are committed to 6G Summit 2023 having a positive impact on people and planet. We want to play a key role in helping the telecommunications industry improve its own sustainability by connecting people with the networks and knowledge they need to help solve the big challenges of the future.
As part of our commitment, we are focusing on:
Embed sustainability into our brand by 2025 to inspire our sector to be more sustainable, promoting the achievement of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals:
Become carbon neutral, halve our waste and save customers more carbon than we emit by 2025 as a stepping stone to being zero waste and net zero carbon by 2030 or earlier by:
- Energy or material efficiency.
- Sustainable procurement choices.
- Environmental credentials of hotels or catering.
- Option to offset travel during registration.
- Venue sustainability features (e.g. Water bottle refill stations).
- Better stands.
Contribute value of at least 1% of profit before tax to community groups by 2025, champion diversity and inclusion and create value for our host cities by:
- Start-up challenges or university competitions.
- Scholarships or accessibility programmes.
- Support of local communities.
- Onsite attendee wellbeing initiatives (sport activities, healthy café, focus zones).
- Wellbeing and health tips whilst attending the show.
Help improve the sustainability of 6G Summit
As an attendee
- Consider how you'll get to the event and if you can avoid air travel or take lower carbon transport
- Bring a refillable bottle to save plastic
- Recycle your waste onsite and in your hotel where possible
- Consider opting for vegetarian and vegan food options and avoid food waste
- Only take the give-aways or brochures you need and will use, consider if there are digital alternatives
- Consider the environmental credentials of the hotel when deciding where to stay
As an exhibitor
- Ensure your stand can be reused by either yourself or by your contractors
- Optimise your travel by consolidating your shipments and choosing logistic companies with strong sustainability credentials
- Think carefully about handouts, reduce them by going digital and source recycled, sustainably certified
6G Summit is part of Informa Tech and the Informa Group. Sustainability at Informa focuses on the long term impacts we have on customers, colleagues, the communities we work in and the environment. For this reason, Informa developed the FasterForward approach to sustainable business.
Informa’s aim is to become an ever more sustainable, positive impact business. Through the FasterForward programme, we are embedding sustainability into everything we do and seizing opportunities from helping our customers and markets do the same.
FasterForward is a structured three-part programme with ambitious commitments and a wide range of activities, covering Informa's business operations, our brands and products and our broader community impact. To find more about our approach, follow this link.
When it comes to sustainability, we’re moving FasterForward.
Informa plc is ranked #1 in the media sector globally in the prestigious Dow Jones Sustainability Indices 2022. Read more here: Informa achieves top global ranking in Media Sector in leading ESG Index
Contact us and share your story
Would you like to work with us on the sustainability of our event?
Would you like to share your own story and efforts? Got an idea?
Contact the event team or reach out to Informa’s sustainability team for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org