The MEC Hackathon 2019
Organized by Intel, VIAVI, MobiledgeX, KNect365, Huawei, Saguna, Telefonica
17 - 18th September, 2019, Endorsed by ETSI
What is the Hackathon?
The 2019 Hackathon, endorsed by ETSI, is a cutting edge competition designed to test your skills and abilities as a Multi-Access Edge Application developer! Gather your team and submit your registration to put yourself in the running for industry-wide recognition as ETSI MEC technology gurus.
Scroll down for more information!
The 5G Challenge
MEC can serve many key 5G use cases. The purpose of this Hackathon is to demonstrate the usage of MEC systems as an enabler for different use cases and business objectives, helping all stakeholders to develop a diverse, open MEC ecosystem. Examples of MEC-enabled Vertical Segments applications include (but are not limited to):
- Automotive and cooperative vehicles
- Applications for the energy industry
- Virtual reality / augmented reality
- IoT scenarios (with sensors, fog nodes)
- Robotics and factories of the future
- eHealth and mHealth
- Media and entertainment vertical
What does your team need to do?
Developers’ teams at the Hackathon will be tasked to develop mobile applications for advanced services in MEC-enabled 5G networks, using ETSI MEC technologies. Candidate Developers’ Teams are free to choose a specific challenge and are encouraged to reuse their existing or past projects. In addition, teams will learn how to use the ETSI MEC APIs running on the MEC Hosts at the competition (e.g. Radio Network Information API, Location API).
Deadline & Costs
Submission due date: 15th June
Cost: FREE to apply and FREE to attend
Submissions will be evaluated by the Hackathon Organizing Committee based on various criteria
Venue & Times
Ilec Conference Centre, London.
Hackathon: from Wed 17th Sept AM to Thu 18th Sept PM
SO, WHAT DO YOU GET IF YOU WIN?
- KNect365 will offer free passes for an Informa Tech hosted Conference in 2020
- Be part of the Intel Software Innovator program and be eligible to be featured as an Intel Early Innovation Project. The project will be eligible for funding to produce/present a tutorial/paper on their project, hardware funds for their project, and to participate in the start up mentorship program: https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-software-innovators
- Telefónica will offer the opportunity to deploy a demo on the edge computing facilities at the 5TONIC 5G open innovation test center (http://www.5tonic.org/). The selected teams will also have the opportunity to interact with the Wayra acceleration initiative hosted by Telefonica.
- Special prize offered by MobiledgeX: If your app involves machine learning or robotics at the edge, you could be in with a chance of winning $1000. Runners up could also win $500!
- ...and most importantly, a customized Hackathon Winners trophy to proudly display in your office!