Welcome to Open RAN North America
Speaker Logistics Manual
Here you will find the relevant information for your session(s) at Open RAN North America 2022. Please ensure you read each section carefully and meet the required deadlines. If you have any questions, please contact your speaker logistics contact. We look forward to working with you in making this a successful event!
YOUR OPERATIONS CONTACT
Your Speaker Operations Manager for Open RAN North America is Grey Bui.
Please reach out to her should you have any questions or require further information on your participation at the event.
Please send below information to Grey Bui as soon as possible, if you have not already done so:
- 100 word biography
- High-res head shot photo
- Mobile number
- Dietary Requirements
- Special assistance – please inform us if you require any specific assistance at the venue.
As a Speaker, please arrive at least one break in advance of your session and adhere to the guidelines below:
- Please check your session(s) on the latest agenda here. If you have any queries regarding the agenda please contact the producers.
- The room will be equipped with a laptop, data projector, screen and microphone. Please let us know if you require any other equipment.
- If you wish to present from your personal Mac computer, you will need to bring your own adapter to connect to the system.
- If you would prefer your presentation not to be made available to delegates on the conference website/event app, please let us know.
- Please bring an updated version of your presentation on a USB drive to the event, just in case!
Venue & Accommodation
The Westin New York Grand Central
212 E 42nd St, New York,NY 10017, United States
Take advantage of special rates and discounts available only through the Open RAN North America and 5G Transport & Network Strategies hotel room block at the host hotel, the Westin New York Grand Central. Rates and availability are limited, so please book early for the best selection!
Check-In Time: 4PM Local Time
Check-Out Time: 12PM Local Time
DISCOUNTED RATE INFORMATION AND TERMS
Base Rate: $539/night plus taxes and fees
* Those who book through our official link will have the hotel's $30/night Destination Fee waived.* Reservations are eligible for Marriott Bonvoy points for Bonvoy members.* A first night's deposit is required and will be charged to your credit card.* Reservations must be canceled seventy-two (72) hours prior to arrival to avoid loss of the first night's deposit.
To book through the phone, please reach out to Marriott reservations at 1-888-236-2427 and ask for the "5G Transport 2022 and Open RAN North America 2022 Group Rate at the Westin New York Grand Central".
Use the link HERE for discounted rates
Your Role - Presenter
Please upload your presentation to the dedicated Dropbox link in the Speaker Welcome email by 29th November as a PPT file. Ensure you bring a backup of your presentation on USB.
- A laptop, data projector, screen and microphone will be provided. Please let us know if you require any other equipment.
- To avoid any potential technical problems on the day, please let us know by return if you have any particular technical requirements such as internet access on stage, non-standard software, running of movies/audio, or custom fonts.
- Any specific company fonts will need to be provided by 29th November.
- Presentations should be submitted in English and in 16:9 format with a minimum font size of 24 so that text is easily legible. Do not send a PDF file.
- Presentations will be made from a centralised laptop. A remote mouse will be provided.
- Please bear in mind the time allocated which includes 5 minutes for questions.
- Please ensure that you are in the session room at the beginning of the break before your presentation to check your slides.
- All videos should be provided in .h264 format in the highest res possible .mov or.mp4. Should you have a different format, please check this with you Speaker Manager ASAP.
Your Role - Chair & Moderator
- The Chair will introduce the stand alone speakers and moderators.
- Moderators should welcome and introduce their panelists.
- Before the event, the producer will connect moderators with the panelists to make introductions.
- Moderators should give an introduction to the subject and moderate the discussion in the panel remembering to include questions from the floor.
- At the end of the session, wrap up with some closing remarks.
- An information pack with biographies will be provided before event.
Chairs & Moderators are NOT required to submit slides
Your Role - Panellist
- Before the event, the producer will connect you to the moderator and other panelists to make introductions.
- Discuss with the moderator and other panelists questions to be discussed during the panel.
Panellists are NOT required to submit slides
Parking & How To Get There
For more on-site parking and transportation information, please visit HERE.
As a speaker you will automatically be registered for the live event and the event app. To be registered, your Speaker Manager will need the speakers email address.
As a valued speaker, you will have an 'All-Access Delegate Pass'. This will give you access to all areas of the event, free of charge.
For registration please bring a business card or a form of ID to avoid any confusion.
VISA Invitation Letter
If you need a visa to attend the event, please contact your Speaker Manager for a personal letter of invitation to assist with your application. Please include the following details:
Full name on Passport:
Job Title & Company:
Passport issue date:
Passport expiry date:
Date of Birth:
CODE OF CONDUCT
Informa Tech is dedicated to providing an inclusive and safe event experience for everyone, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, nationality or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. We are a diverse community of professionals, and we conduct ourselves professionally. Please be considerate and careful with your words and actions. Exhibitors in the expo hall, evening party hosts and organizers of concurrent activities should be aware they are subject to the code of conduct. Exhibitors and party hosts may not promote sexualized or offensive imagery or activities. Exhibition and party staff should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment. Participants asked to stop any behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant or sponsor engages in behavior that violates this code of conduct, Informa Tech staff may take action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the event with no refund.
Informa Tech is committed to a role of environmental and sustainable leadership in every aspect of our business and recognises the responsibilities we have to our employees, our customers, our suppliers, the communities we work within and the environment as a whole.
Our contribution to a sustainable and environmentally harmonious society is based upon best practice and covers:
Environment: We use recycled materials for office and event documentation and reduce the use of plastics in all our event collateral
Community: To encourage sustainable development in the wider business we endeavour to utilise environmentally accredited venues and support regional agricultural practice by insisting on using locally grown produce for catering at all our large events.
Relationships: Informa Tech has developed an alliance with the Carbon Neutral Company and as a further example of our customer centricity, we strive to locate our events central to where we feel the majority of attendees originate.
By registering for this event you acknowledge recordings, video, and photographs are being taken during the event. By you entering this virtual event, you give unqualified consent to: Informa Tech, its agents, licensees to record, use and publicise your voice, actions, likeness, and appearance, in any manner and media, worldwide in perpetuity. If you wish to avoid being recorded, please do not enter this event.