Telecoms, Media & Technology is part of the Knowledge and Networking Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 3099067.
An introduction to the game changer – AI’s impact across industries
AfricaCom Headliners - Empowering Africa’s connectivity champions
AfricaCom 20/20, the centrepiece of the Technology Arena, is a buzzing show floor feature dedicated to accelerating Africa’s digital transformation.
Expect a vibrant showcase of new digital solutions presented by AfricaCom’s top innovators, thought-provoking conference content built around the theme ‘providing clarity of vision on future tech trends’, and special demo pods enabling attendees to interact with next generation technologies.
Key themes include mapping Africa's journey towards the Fourth Industrial Revolution, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, FinTech, Blockchain, e-health, Digital Skills, and more.
AHUB - Unleashing the power of Africa’s tech start-up ecosystem
The AHUB programme is designed to highlight the critical role of entrepreneurship in fuelling Africa’s digital economy and connect African tech start-ups and scale-ups to investors and corporate partners.
The programme will feature briefings for both start-ups and investors as well as live pitch sessions, new AHUB start-up academy skills workshops, sector snapshots covering FinTech, digital health, agri-tech, clean energy and ICT4D, and lively panel discussions covering topics ranging from understanding investor mentalities to developing a disruptive mindset.
Fintech Africa - Finclusion
• Replacing lost mobile revenue with financial services revenue
• Monetizing untapped opportunities
• Providing end to end solutions
• Radically changing the way businesses and people interact
• Optimising revenue through innovative tech
• Increasing customer activity rates via a strong network
• Creating a regulatory environment
• Achieving interoperability among MNOs
• Investing in merchant and agent networks
• Innovating long agricultural value chains
• Launching products to a broader variety of users (entrepreneurs, merchants, smallholders, farmers, youth and women
• Offering convenience, privacy and reach
• The rise of remittance hubs
• Moving from cash to digital
• Striving for low cost, fast and simple remittance products
• Beyond payments, wallets and transfers
• Securing essential investment for the last mile of financial inclusion
• Offering a cost effective, instant and secure platform
• Adopting an omni channel strategy
• Integrating regulation between MNOs and financial service providers
• Providing infotainment, microinsurance, gaming and cloud opportunities
• Blurring the line between digital and the offline world
The AI Summit
A dedicated session and unique opportunity to ask your burning questions to the team who first trialled 5G in Africa. The team experts will stay on stage following their presentations and answer they whys and hows of the trial, as well as discuss what’s next.
• Evolution from 4G, to 4G+, and path to 5G
• 5G readiness
• Milestones and key achievements in network technology updates and trials
• Potential deployment scenarios
A dedicated session and unique opportunity to ask your burning questions to the team who delivered the truly immersive VR experience. The team experts will stay on stage following their presentations and answer they whys and hows of the trial, as well as discuss what’s next.
IoT World Africa
Demonstration of how a leading municipality is deploying and integrating a sensor network into their data management and analytics processes to enhance the city’s efficiency, and improve the safety and mobility of its citizens.
Africa Video Forum Content Hub (show floor)
Africa Video Forum
Providing more accurate ways to help advertisers access particular audiences
LeadersIn Africa (VIP programme)
The LeadersIn Africa Summit will tackle the most challenging and controversial issues addressed at AfricaCom in an informal and intimate setting. The Chatham House Rule applies so all exchanges are strictly off the record to encourage frank and productive dialogue. This exclusive, invite-only event provides a unique opportunity to engage with industry leaders, policymakers and regulators.
LeadersIn Africa Boardroom 1: Re-calibrating African telco strategy for the Fourth Industrial Revolution
LeadersIn Africa Boardroom 2: Embracing digital transformation to strengthen African economies: the critical role of policymakers and regulators
LeadersIn Africa Boardroom 3: From hype to reality: how is IoT shaping Africa’s digital future?
LeadersIn Africa Boardroom 4: Blockchain technology adoption in Africa: impact, implications, challenges and opportunities
LeadersIn Africa Boardroom 5: Artificial Intelligence as a digital disruptor of tomorrow: how will AI disrupt your business model?