Huawei is an independent, privately-held company that provides information and communication technology (ICT). We serve three main types of customers globally:
- · Telecom operators that provide Internet, broadband, wireless, plus fixed and mobile phone services
- · Enterprises, organizations, institutions, governments & public utilities, as well as industries: finance, energy, transportation & manufacturing
- · Consumers, who buy our smartphones, smart watches, laptop computers and other devices
Everything we develop and deliver to our customers is secure, trustworthy, and this has been consistent over a track record of 30 years.
- We were founded in 1987, in the southern Chinese city of Shenzhen, with about 21,000 RMB in start-up capital. Since then, we’ve grown to become the world’s largest supplier of telecommunications equipment and the second-largest manufacturer of smartphones.
- In 2018, we delivered US$105.2billion in revenue. On July 30, 2019, we announced our business results for the first half of 2019: CNY 401.3billion in revenue, a 23.2% increase over the same period last year. We rank 61 on the 2019 Fortune Global 500 list.
- Huawei employs 180,000 people in more than 170 countries. We are a market leader in China and many countries across Europe, Asia, and Africa. More than 3 billion of the world’s population uses Huawei’s products and services to make calls, send text messages, or surf the internet.