Telecoms, Media & Technology is part of the Knowledge and Networking Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 3099067.
- The different challenges faced by Operatorsin America, Europe and Asia
- Where are operatorsturning for help?
- Are Vendorsdelivering the right solutions?
- How is the openSource community contributing to Network Slicing?
•Introduction –What is Network slicing and its definition? Why Network Slicing? What are benefits of Network Slice for network operator? What is the scope of Network Slice?
•3GPP Rel-15 5G Network Slicing (How Network Slicing works?) Network Slicing Architecture –Network Slicing Identification –High-level procedures supporting Network Slicing –Network Slice Restriction Area
•Network Slicing in 5G and Dedicated Network in 4G –Comparison –Network Slicing interworking with 4G
- What is a network slicing for a transport backbone network?
- The key technology that builds the network slice is node and network virtualization.
- The network slice implementation on routers
- How to provide a network slice API
Service based 5G core and RAN architecture definition, control plane and user plane separation, and disaggregation of RAN and core network infrastructure equipment are resulting in integrated and unified transport networks. Network slicing is critical in this integrated and unified transport network to provide ability to create hierarchy of virtual networks while sharing common physical infrastructure with the goal of tight coupling of network metrics with the service characteristics. This presentation talks about technology solutions that enable hard and/or soft network slicing for ease of service deployment & service agility.
- A look at Multi-connectivity for V2X communications
- Multi-slice connectivity
- Characteristics of different slices (control and user plane)
- The role of contextual information and data analytics in slice configuration
- Network slicing will be a panacea, but it won’t arrive with a bang. The enormous challenge & opportunity of Network Slicing starts with 4G
- Current Thinking: There remain complex technological hurdles to end-to-End, Application-Aware sliced networks, but the greater and more immediate challenge is on the operations and business side. An overview of the network slicing business/operational ecosystem
- How to ‘Getslicing’: A primer on how to build and validate low barrier network slicing business models one use case at a time.
- Thin Edge of the Wedge: A deep dive into the blueprint for a sure fire, easily monetizable network slicing offering (OTT VoD and UGC Video).