This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 3099067.
The AfricaCom Awards celebrate the achievements of the best companies, solutions, products and personalities improving connectivity and driving Africa towards the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
The AfricaCom Awards will be presented on Wednesday 13 November, during an exclusive event at waterfront venue The Lookout. Guests will enjoy a 3-course dinner, cocktails and networking in our 'Secret Garden' themed venue. As well as the chance to find out more about the winning organisations, there will also be live entertainment from dancers, performing artists and our host for 2019 - Former Captain of the Springboks, Bryan Habana!
We invite all AfricaCom attendees to join us for the Awards Afterparty, with music, dancing and the chance to celebrate with the most innovative organisations in the industry.
Associate yourself with success with one of our Awards branding packages:
Submit a nomination* to be in the running to win one of the most prestigious and sought after awards in the industry:
If shortlisted, your company will enjoy:
*Entries cost £299 + VAT
Secure your spot to enjoy an evening of fun and celebration with some of the industry's most important figures:
The CXO of the Year Award is a publicly-voted accolade that recognises an African-based telecoms, ICT and enterprise leader who is prioritising telecoms innovation, embracing disruptive tech and elevating the continent's digital economy.
In 2018 this Award was presented to Abdikarim Mohamed Eid, CEO of Telesom.
Voted for by the public, The Enterprise CXO of the Year Award celebrates an enterprise leader who excels at prioritising telecoms innovation, embracing disruptive tech and elevating the continent's digital economy.
In 2018 this prestigious accolade went to Priya Thakoor, Chief Digital Officer for Coca-Cola South Africa.
1) Choose wisely – Make sure you choose the right category for you. There may be a few categories which will seem relevant to you, but make sure you focus on what you are most proud of.
2) Time & Preparation – The best entries are those that are well constructed. Make sure you give yourself enough time put your entry together.
3) Ask if you need to – If you are putting our entry together and have any queries about what to include or how to use the online entry system, contact the Awards organisers.
4) Make it appeal – Make your submission a compelling read. Remember you need to catch the judge’s attention.
5) Prove it – Expert judges will be looking for evidence for any assertions of success that you make. It really comes down to giving a compelling reason why you deserve to win.
6) Fit the criteria – Ensure you read the guidelines and judging criteria carefully and then ensure you answer all the questions in full.
7) Include Endorsements – Independent feedback, especially from clients or industry participants, can be very persuasive.
8) Supporting materials – Some categories request you to upload supporting documentation to your award entry. If you have something relevant, include it.
9) Proof read – You may have great content, but ensure that your entry is well written and doesn’t contain any typos.
10) Double-check – Make sure you have included all the supporting information required by your entry.
Liquid Telecom for Completion of the Cape to Cairo Fibre Route
Huawei Technologies for Customer Experience Management (CEM) for Ghana
Econet Wireless (Cassava Fintech) and Mahindra Comviva for EcoCash Merchant Payments powered by mobiquity Money
Huawei Technologies for Huawei PowerStar
Orange for Rural Electrification
Ericsson and Wot-if? Trust for eHUB Diepsloot South Africa
Huawei Technologies for Huawei PowerCube 1000
Yego Innovision Limited for Yegomoto
Kwesé iflix for Digital Entertainment Solution