The AfricaCom Awards 2019
Deadline for entries is 11 October, enter today to avoid missing out!
About the Awards
The AfricaCom Awards celebrate the achievements of the best companies, solutions, products and personalities improving connectivity and driving Africa towards the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
The Awards Ceremony
The AfricaCom Awards will be presented on Wednesday 13 November, during an exclusive event at waterfront venue The Lookout. Guests will enjoy a 3-course dinner, cocktails and networking in our 'Secret Garden' themed venue. As well as the chance to find out more about the winning organisations, there will also be live entertainment from dancers, performing artists and our host for 2019 - Former Captain of the Springboks, Bryan Habana!
The Awards Afterparty
We invite all AfricaCom attendees to join us for the Awards Afterparty, with music, dancing and the chance to celebrate with the most innovative organisations in the industry.
A wide variety of ways to get involved!
Associate yourself with success with one of our Awards branding packages:
- Increased exposure with bespoke branding at the event and in the run up
- Alignment with industry innovation & development through sponsoring a category
- Recognition as a key industry player who supports the community
- Airtime at the event through presenting an award
Submit a nomination* to be in the running to win one of the most prestigious and sought after awards in the industry:
If shortlisted, your company will enjoy:
- Industry wide recognition
- Exposure and promotion to the Connecting Africa community
- Inclusion on marketing materials including website & brochure
- Features on our social channels & digital community
*Entries cost £299 + VAT
Secure your spot to enjoy an evening of fun and celebration with some of the industry's most important figures:
- Enjoy informal networking with influential industry figures
- Rub shoulders with the African tech & telco elite
- Enjoy a 3 course dinner & live entertainment
- Drinks, dancing & fun – it’s not all about work
The 2019 Awards Categories are...
Connecting the Continent Award
Delivering Excellence in Customer Service
"Everything as a Service" - Best Cloud or Application Solution
Changing Lives Award
Best Digital Entertainment Innovation
Security Product or Service of the Year
Best Network Management Software
Best Connected Consumer Device
Best Innovation for Enterprise
Most Innovative Service "The Business of Tomorrow"
Government Leadership Award
PLUS: Our 'CXO of the Year' and 'Enterprise CXO of the Year' Awards - voted for by the industry!
With 450 senior level attendees, the AfricaCom Awards provide the perfect platform to position your brand and host clients and partners.
If you are interested in sponsorship opportunities please download the Awards Brochure today
CXO and ECXO of the Year - who will you vote for in 2019?
The CXO of the Year Award
The CXO of the Year Award is a publicly-voted accolade that recognises an African-based telecoms, ICT and enterprise leader who is prioritising telecoms innovation, embracing disruptive tech and elevating the continent's digital economy.
In 2018 this Award was presented to Abdikarim Mohamed Eid, CEO of Telesom.
The Enterprise CXO of the Year Award
Voted for by the public, The Enterprise CXO of the Year Award celebrates an enterprise leader who excels at prioritising telecoms innovation, embracing disruptive tech and elevating the continent's digital economy.
In 2018 this prestigious accolade went to Priya Thakoor, Chief Digital Officer for Coca-Cola South Africa.
New for 2019: Female Innovator of the Year
This year for the first time, the AfricaCom Awards will celebrate female achievement and contribution to technology, media & telecoms with the introduction of the Female Innovator of the Year Award!
This award will recognise the outstanding achievements of women who are playing a crucial role in driving Africa towards the fourth industrial revolution, as well as underscore the need for increased gender parity within the industry.
Thinking of entering? Here's our top tips for a successful entry
1) Choose wisely – Make sure you choose the right category for you. There may be a few categories which will seem relevant to you, but make sure you focus on what you are most proud of.
2) Time & Preparation – The best entries are those that are well constructed. Make sure you give yourself enough time put your entry together.
3) Ask if you need to – If you are putting our entry together and have any queries about what to include or how to use the online entry system, contact the Awards organisers.
4) Make it appeal – Make your submission a compelling read. Remember you need to catch the judge’s attention.
5) Prove it – Expert judges will be looking for evidence for any assertions of success that you make. It really comes down to giving a compelling reason why you deserve to win.
6) Fit the criteria – Ensure you read the guidelines and judging criteria carefully and then ensure you answer all the questions in full.
7) Include Endorsements – Independent feedback, especially from clients or industry participants, can be very persuasive.
8) Supporting materials – Some categories request you to upload supporting documentation to your award entry. If you have something relevant, include it.
9) Proof read – You may have great content, but ensure that your entry is well written and doesn’t contain any typos.
10) Double-check – Make sure you have included all the supporting information required by your entry.
Here's what happened in 2018
Watch our highlights video to see what happened at the ceremony last year.