March 12-14, 2019
Embassy Suites Downtown Denver Convention Center,
Tackling the opportunities and challenges facing the cable industry
Cable Next Gen Technologies & Strategies is the industry's leading independent event where cable and video executives gather to explore the industry’s next tech moves.
CABLE NEXT-GEN 2019
About the Event:
Back by popular demand for the 12th consecutive year, Cable Next-Gen Technologies & Strategies is a two-day event that takes a deep dive into the opportunities and challenges facing the cable industry and creates a roadmap for the industry's future course.
Leading cable and video executives gather to discuss and debate the latest technologies and platforms shaping the industry and examine ways to overhaul legacy networks and traditional business models while maintaining the seamless delivery of existing services.
Cable Next-Gen Technologies & Strategies will delve into the strategies behind deploying and monetizing new equipment, software, services and apps, and explore the technologies and architectures key to the continued success of the cable industry, including DOCSIS 3.1, Full Duplex DOCSIS, Coherent Optics, Distributed Access Architecture, Fiber Deep, FTTH, network virtualization, automation, artificial intelligence, OTT video, cloud-based services, IoT, WiFi, cellular backhaul, small cells, Citizens Broadband Radio Service and 5G.
Topics to be covered:
- What lessons have been learned from the early rollouts of DOCSIS 3.1?
- What are the prospects for Full Duplex DOCSIS and Extended Spectrum DOCSIS?
- What impact will Distributed Access Architecture, Fiber Deep, 5G and other new technologies have on the cable last mile?
- How can cable operators incorporate OTT video services into their legacy pay-TV offerings and business models?
- How can cable providers leverage the cloud for the delivery, storage and security of advanced video services?
- Now that virtualization standards are developing, what are the next steps for cable technologists with SDN and NFV?
- How easily can coherent optics technology be adapted for cable's use and how much of a difference will it really make?
- Where does cable stand with the various fiber upgrade options and what is the fiber-feeding frenzy fueling?
- What role will cable operators play in the emerging IoT market and which applications will take off first?
- How can the cable industry make use of artificial intelligence, data analytics and automation technologies?
- Where does the industry stand with the development and deployment of SD-WAN and other new business services?
- What are cable's prospects for MVNO ventures, 5G backhaul service and small cells?
- Where will the industry's future revenue and earnings growth come from?
Light Reading’s Top Cable Industry Expert
Alan Breznick directs Light Reading’s coverage of the cable, video and broadband technology markets. Also a Senior Analyst for Heavy Reading, he has covered the cable and video space since 1993. He also hosts our Cable Next-Gen Europe and Future of Cable Business Services events, as well as our breakfast workshops at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo, the NAB Show and other industry conferences.
2018 KEY EVENT STATS
Featured 2018 Speakers
I learned so much about the industry, and networked with a lot of knowledgeable people. The speakers and moderators were excellent - and the content was very informative. All panels were excellent, and it was well put together. Venue was also awesome!
Customer Experience Specialist
Great quality of panels (moderators, panel members and topics). Very well attended with quality attendees and a great host hotel.
VP Strategic Sales
The quality of the speakers and panelists was excellent. The interaction was exceptional.
Business Development; Cloud And Service Providers
Great event. Venue was great and speakers were top notch!
Director, Delivery Assurance