December 3-5, 2019
Ritz Carlton, Vienna, Austria,
An exclusive networking event for senior communications executives
Join Light Reading and a host of visionaries this December in Vienna, for a real-world examination of the challenges facing the communications industry
Network with key decision-makers and influence and shape the debate
What is 2020 Summit?
Now entering its sixth year, 2020 Vision is an exclusive gathering of leading global executives focused on navigating the disruptive forces at work in the communications industry today. Simply put, it's the must-attend event for senior communications networking executives.
Through a series of lively debates held at the stunning world-famous Ritz Carlton hotel; 2019’s summit will deliver hard-hitting research, great interaction, and networking between a maximum of 120 of the industry's most senior and knowledgeable executives.
This is a unique opportunity to hear from the leading analysts at Heavy Reading and a host of senior network operator executives about the future of the next-generation communications industry.
The 2020 Vision Executive Summit is conducted under the 'Chatham House Rules', with the aim of encouraging openness of discussion. Light Reading will use information from the event, but won't say where they learned it (or who they learned it from).
What makes it so unique?
- An open, honest and active discussion amongst participants in a private setting
- Every single participant is invited to speak up and share their views
- Varied presentations, controversial opinions, lively debate and unique speed networking
- Meet with an incredible shortlist of who's who in the next-gen communications sector
- Access to exclusive research findings from the Heavy Reading team, as well as guest analysts
- Enjoy legendary service at the iconic and luxurious 5-Star Ritz-Carlton Vienna
- Network with an A-list crowd on our exciting excursions, including local dining and drinking experiences
What's on the agenda?
The theme of this year's Summit is 'Telecom's New Core Values.'
The communications networking and services industry not only needs to update its own core technology, processes and businesses models but faces increasing competition from major rivals that have a different set of values. At this year's 2020 Vision Executive Summit, a crack team of Heavy Reading analysts and Light Reading editors will explore how communications service providers are adapting, what they still need to achieve and how external pressures might be clouding their judgement.
That exploration will include a fresh, unique and informed look at the impact that 5G strategies are having on the telecoms ecosystem, including: the impact of refreshed radio access networks; the potential of private 5G deployments; early edge computing lessons; the reality of AI in telecoms; the role of the public cloud in OSS, BSS and virtualization strategies; innovations in automated processes and business models; and more.
2019 Ambassador Sponsors
NEW FOR 2019
We killed off keynotes!
Everyone’s in the hot seat this year with interviews and fireside chats.
Dedicated time for rapid-fire, with brand-new research presentations by leading analysts.
Meet the Light Reading editors and Heavy Reading and Ovum analysts at our “speed networking” morning meet and greet.
Ray approved coffee!
Enjoy freshly brewed, Ray le Maistre approved coffee served up by our on-site barista.
Group discussion plus wine tasting at our wrap-up sessions. Mix of social and work.
Copy of presentations
Copy of research presentations provided on USB flash drives at the end of the event.
2020 Vision Summit Agenda
When you register for 2020 Vision, your pass includes access to THREE days of interactive sessions, meals and exclusive networking activities.
Tuesday, December 3
- Arrival Day! Check-in and pick up your exclusive VIP welcome bag, grab a coffee in our attendee lounge and join us for an informal networking dinner in the Ritz Carlton restaurant.
Wednesday, December 4
- The Main Event Begins! Your all-inclusive conference pass includes access to the day's event sessions, breakfast and lunch.
- Rest up then join event attendees for an informal seated dinner and drinks, at a local Heurigen wine tavern.
Thursday, December 5
- The Main Event Continues! Your pass includes access to all half-day sessions, breakfast, and lunch to-go -- perfect for our afternoon inner city and Christmas market networking tour. Followed by drinks at a local bar.
2019 FEATURED PARTICIPANTS
2020 Vision Event Highlights
Watch last year's highlights from Lisbon!