Event dates: 13-16 Nov
Exhibition Opening Dates: 14 - 16 Nov,
Cape Town International Convention Centre, Cape Town
Fintech, MFS, Blockchain & Crypto
The Bright Future of mobile money, mobile financial services and enterprise ready blockchain.
About the topic
Africa’s acceleration of digital transformation, fuelled in part by an exceptional response to the Covid- 19 pandemic has seen the sector bucking the downward economic growth trend. Fintech, Blockchain and MFS focuses on those adapting and thriving in a new mobile money landscape as consumers adapt to a more digital lifestyle and telcos and tech companies help build a more inclusive digital future for all.
With the creation of full digital banks, the rise of super apps and new business models to increase interoperability and remittance solutions pan Africa, the UN Sustainable Development goals are being addressed. The pandemic has fuelled the growth of the agent network and we will explore how the whole ecosystem of communities, telcos and paycos will use innovative products to tackle payment solutions and wider access to utilities and clean energy.
Blockchain has moved from hype to mainstream and we’ll focus on how the tech and payment giants are working to develop robust, transparent, accessible and enterprise ready solutions, whilst exploring how the partnerships between users, regulators and government are being defined.
Beyond M PESA - Payments as the new frictionless mobile infrastructure
Learn about creating new payment gateways and rewards programmes, harnessing fintech's reputation for innovation , attracting investor with scalability of products and widening opportunity for small merchants.
- Mariam Tendou Kamara, Founder and Managing Director at Baantou & MadameDigital
- Sahar Antar, Commercial Director, Mondia Pay at Mondia
- Claudine Gakundi, Country Manager Kenya at Odyssey Africa Capital (Lipa Later)
Key sessions include:
Africa’s Fintech Revolution explosion
- Growth of lending and finance start ups
- Current investment trends – who and where is hot ? overcoming the challenges?
- Telcom giants building new networks and upgrading existing facilities
Rebundling to build full scale digital banks
- Improving efficiency and user experience via a digital platform that leverages one or more core business assets across multiple service verticals
- Offering personalised financial, business and lifestyle services and succeeding despite poor infrastructure and lower income levels
- Beyond Telco - logistics companies, food service companies, fintech companies all launching super apps
- Fintech super apps as a gateway to financial inclusion
The Rapid Repayments Programme
- Creating a simpler, safer, next generation, instant payment ecosystem to unify the whole banking system.
- SA reserve bank’s vision 2025 - Facilitating instant digital payments and enabling proxy payments.
Creating new innovative MFS solution to meet Africa’s Sustainable Development Goals
- SDG5 (Gender equality) Mobile financial services closing the gender gap in access to financial services and financial inclusion for women
- SDG6 (water and sanitation) Core utility supplies requiring regular payments are driving trust in mobile money·
- SDG7 (Clean Energy) Pay as you go solar opportunities offering millions of users a credit system via mobile money to connect to electricity in Africa
Adapting and Thriving well in a new Mobile Money landscape post pandemic
- Tackling the socio economic and development challenges posed by the pandemic with MM tools.
- Pandemic driving regulatory change.
- Increasing demand and support for agents and merchants.
- Growing numbers of customers adapting to digital life
Creating an all inclusive digital future for all and accelerating poverty reduction in Africa
- Interoperability– improving this and creating new robust systems (GSMA MM interoperability platform, GIMAC platform, Orange Bank in West Africa
- Rising numbers of Cashvoucher systems – governments increasing speed, efficiency and transparency in distributing social and humanitarian payments
- Increasing remittance opportunities from EU/UK/USA to Africa (Paypal/Airtel)
- QR Codes – a dynamic growth app for MFS to combat slower consumer spending
Africa’s enormous opportunity to implement blockchain technology and lead the way in payments, track and trace and mobile money.
- Allowing increased transparency and accessibility
- Improving opportunities for many to participate and grow the economies.
The impact of cryptocurrencies across Africa
- Defining the future of cryptocurrencies in Africa?
- Requirements and regulatory environments for crypto to become mainstream
- Quantifying the institutional and retail investment going into cryptocurrencies?
Blockchain - moving from hype to mainstream
- Development - creating robust, enterprise ready solutions and enabling cross border payments
- Investment - by the tech and payment giants to benefit from increased transparency and accessibility
- Challenges - fluctuations, education and regulation
- Opportunities – the rise of central bank digital currencies as a catalyst for the Africa Continental Free Trade Area enabling continent wide stability