Our purpose is to equip and inspire people to design, build and run a better, more inclusive, digital world – to unify Africa’s response to the 4IR and, in doing so, accelerate socio-economic development across the continent.
Supporting local organisations
We are proud to partner with The Kolisi Foundation in 2020. As the country faced the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, Siya and Rachel Kolisi recognized the threat this crisis posed to many in South Africa’s most vulnerable communities. In a few short months, The Foundation has provided sustainable food parcels to more than 25,000 families and provided hygiene products to front-line health workers nationally, in partnership with The Nelson Mandela Foundation.
"The Kolisi Foundation is focusing on a lot of different issues in South Africa. But right now we are facing this pandemic and we are focusing on that by helping the vulnerable and those in need." - Siya Kolisi
Media Credit - Black Bean Productions
SUPPORTING THE CONTINENT
Africa Tech Festival is the flagship of the Connecting Africa Series of Events. Throughout the year, we also deliver Nigeria Com, West Africa Com and East Africa Com.
We are passionate about supporting organisations outside South Africa, the home of Africa Tech Festival. We're proud to partner with La Différence. They invest in social innovation to improve livelihoods and wellbeing in Eastern Congo, combining business consultancy with design and technology to help entrepreneurs scale sustainable social businesses across Eastern Congo.
EASY WAYS TO BE MORE SUSTAINABLE AT THE VIRTUAL AFRICA TECH FESTIVAL
Here are our top tips on how you can help contribute to our digital event's sustainability:
- Reduce the brightness of your screen and remember to hibernate your computer when you are not at your desk to help reduce your energy usage.
- Make sure you take a break at regular intervals throughout the day. Getting away from your screen for a minute to stretch your legs, staying hydrated and having a healthy snack will improve your ability to get the most out of the event.
- Be aware of our code of conduct and help us ensure a welcoming atmosphere of respect for all.
- Most event resources have been designed to be easily viewed online or via a mobile device so please avoid printing where possible to help reduce paper waste.
SUPPORTING YOUR WELLBEING
Although virtual events may not be as physically demanding as in-person events, they can be mentally challenging.
- We encourage you to start your day off right with some light exercise, yoga, meditation or stretching. Before the talks begin, you could relax by watching the morning's live virtual safari, as Wild Earth takes you on a tour of natural habitats in Africa.
- Take regular screen breaks between sessions, stretch, get up from your desk and move around
- Don’t miss the relaxation sessions happening throughout the agenda.